Debate Abortion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Euphanism, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euphanism

Euphanism New Member

Do you believe abortion should be banned or legalized?

I believe it should be legalized. With all the thousands of babies being born everyday we're being pressured to decrease the world's population. Sending them to adoption centers would only seem like you're giving away a problem for someone else to solve but burden those agencies to provide more money for these children. If the mother should keep a baby she never wanted, would you want the child to grow up in an environment that resents its existence? A mother shouldn't be forced to care for a child she doesn't want to keep. Who knows what kind of lifestyle the child will be raised into. Lastly, a woman should be able to make a choice when she wants to. It's not fair for women to have their choices taken out. Who are we to decide for them? What about rape victims? Do you think it's fair for them to raise a child when they might not have the capability to raise a child? Even those women who used condoms and birth control pills can still get pregnant. Would you let them have the punishment despite the fact that they took all precautions? What about the women who got knocked up while they were drunk? Are you saying it's their fault? So women can't drink anymore right? They're not allowed to have fun just because they have chances of getting pregnant?

What do you think?

1 person likes this.
  2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Oh boy...

Dude, this is the most flamable topic you could EVER have started! Have you realized that you will have all kinds of people namecalling each other in this channel? Man!!

Besides, didn't we have one (or many) abortion thread before?

As for my opinion, the problem is not overpopulation, but an overconcentration of resources. Very few rich people having 100 times more income than many. Corporations monopolizing the market, fixing prices *cough* RIAA *cough*, forcing their products into poor countries' market (I live in mexico, we HAVE to import corn from the USA, i mean WTF?)

Abortion is not a solution, it's a symptom of the problem.

(Edit: OK I wanted to write more)

The problem isn't children being born, it's people getting raised in a bad environment. A bitter mother will raise bitter children. It's a problem that goes from generation to generation - so the only effective solution (if we want to use abortion) would be to kill poor people, so that no more people are born in poor conditions.

Besides, sex is used mostly as an escape from family. One can have fun without having sex - if you wonder why, then perhaps you're giving sex TOO MUCH importance in your life. Sex should be about sharing yourself with someone you love so much as to have a family with him/her.

But, do you really think teenagers should have sex, i mean they're teens, they're STUPID, IMMATURE, and make SO MANY mistakes! If they really care, they'd study how condoms work (they don't know! They just think they have to put them on and voila, it's more delicate than that).

Why not educate the population instead? Why not promote better means to facilitate adoption, rather than abortion? Why not spend more resources in counseling dysfunctional families than having abortions? It's been 25 years since abortion has legalized in the US, has it solved the problem of poverty or dysfunctional families? No. Plus, problems may arise AFTER the child has been born, not all poor families want to abort (unless you make abortion MANDATORY for people under certain income).

Abortion is a short-term "solution", it doesn't solve the problem per-se.

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

this topic has been done before.. LOOK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.