FLCL About FLCL DVD? Is it dubbed because i wanna get it.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by guy66657, Jul 15, 2004.

1. guy66657

guy66657 New Member

Its better dubbed.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The FLCL DVDs come with both a english dub track, and a japaense dub track.

English has 5.1 dolby surround sound. Japanese has 2-channel stereo.

1 person likes this.
  3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Moving this to the FLCL forum.

4. rosesinthewind8

rosesinthewind8 New Member

2 languages!

The FLCL DVD set has both English and Japanese... I prefer watching the Japanese language track, but some people like it better in English... (mumbles: "infidels")

1 person likes this.
  5. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Yes it is dubbed..but the downsider is that its sold in 3 separate DVD's, when its only 6 episodes. *sigh* What a shame. Its spending a bit of extra cash if you ask me.

-KaiyonTormentor

6. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Yes. It's a cruel thing those anime companies do to take away all your money. But you gotta have it...

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Cruel? The *original* Japanese release came at ONE EPISODE per DVD. And DVDs are like...$24 US Currency, EACH. We have it lucky.

We have it good. And besides, it wouldn't have that nice limited edition box if it only came in two DVDs....

If anything, I'm just mad that they didn't take the time to remaster the Japanese track in 5.1. I love listening to the fighting in English, but...I'd rather hear their voices in Japanese. =\

8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Whoa...Let's see: At $24 an episode, times 6 episode--wait...Now there's a preety expensive anime in japan, especially since it's so short. I still think they should have made it longer, it would have been better that way...Paying for FLCL in it's *originality* costs just as much as buying the whole GTO series, or even more than the Love Hina series...How did they think they would make money out of that?

-Seishin

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Because the cost of living is higher in Japan. Thus, salaries are a bit higher than here.

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

So relating it to the salary in Japan, it would only cost about only a few more dollars (if not equal) than buying it here right? When you kinda think about it, it would be cool to have one box for each episode...makes it look cooler eh?

-Seishin

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That is true. But, think about it...even if the prices were similar per DVD...that's still one complete box set for us, for *their* whole series.

Like I said, the only thing *I'M* mad about is the fact that the original Japanese track wasn't presented in high quality 5.1 surround sound. Yet, the English dub track is. Then again...most anime are like that anyway.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Why did a half year old question thread that had already been answered get bumped?