Watase Yuu Works Absolute Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Iya, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Watase's newest work. Absolute Boyfriend.
    Absolute Boyfriend is about Riiko Izawa a teenage girl in high school is desperate for a boyfriend so she confesses her feelings to her crush, who turns her down.
    While wondering in the park, she hears the strangest sound and sees a cell phone and answers it.
    It's a man who had lost the phone and asked her to meet him to return the phone to him.
    When Riiko arrives at the meeting place, she see the man dressed in strange clothes.
    Namikiri Gaku, the strange man's name, greets her and tells her that he's a salesman and would like to sell her something.
    Riiko tells Gaku that all she wants is a boyfriend. Gaku then gives her a CD and tells her all her answers are at the website in the CD rom.

Well that's all I want to tell you about the story without ruining the story.
    Strange place to stop though......
    Has anyone else read this?
    And questions and comments are welcomed.

2. Fushigi Rockna

It's Japanese name is Zettai Kareshi.

I know a little about it, pass what you wrote, but I have yet to read it...That'll surely change once I see my one friend again, considering she always buys Shounen Jump and was intending on purchasing Shoujo Beat as well.

3. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I've read the first chapter and I really want to read more. However, since it is one of the only stories currently running in Shojo Beat that I'm interested in, I will be waiting for the tankouban/graphic novels to come out in English. I don't see any other way for me to get any more of the series except to wait.

~Shadrach Anki

4. Fushigi Rockna

Find a friend to buy Shoujo Beat and just burrow it from her/him every month and read only AB. XD

That's kinda what I do with Shounen Jump. XD (it's never MY Shounen Jump, it's always my FRIEND'S shounen jump. I never have enough money. XD I'm poor. XD)

5. Shadowbard

I would, except for the fact that I'm essentially the dealer in my particular area. *wry grin* People come to me for the manga, not the other way around.

Basically, I don't know anybody who will be buying Shojo Beat in my general area. The people I know who would be interested tend to have less money than me.

~Shadrach Anki

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Lol. That's me to my friends.
    But I'm broke right now.
    $7 for a magazine is expensive.

7. Shadowbard

Does anybody know when the first volume of Absolute Boyfriend will be released in English? I know that the chapters are coming out in Shojo Beat, but the graphic novels are much more affordable overall for someone like me.

~Shadrach Anki

8. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

I read it in the Shojo Beat magazine. I subscribed to it for 1 year. Hopefully by then they'll start creating Graphic Novels for it. I like most of Yuu's titles. This was a great find.

The story is nice so far for the 4 chapters I have read.

9. Fushigi Rockna

It'll probably take a couple months. Or maybe even half a year, judging by Viz being a cheap set of bastards that will only publish like...two chapters an issue.
    That just pisses me off since they used to publish 3 to soemtimes even 5. I mean, they decrease the amount of chapters they have, but don't even decrease the price.

Just compare Shounen Jumps from 2004 to ones in 2005. I noticed this while at a friend's, who has been collecting Shounen Jumps since i told her about the Death T arc in Yuugiou. She lines them all up by issue on a shelf, and they just keep getting thinner and thinner.

It just pisses me off... ><

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

This manga is great. I was very impressed with it. Though a little sad it had to end. But it did end on a good note in a way.

11. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

i love this story! its so funny and cute! its what every girl wants in a guy. (which i already found a guy like Night ^^) but the story is good havent finished it though....:(

12. Fushigi Rockna

I ended up buying the first volume. No one would buy Shoujo Beat, and they didn't have any the titles I was collecting at Chapters when I went there a few weeks back to get my grandma to buy me books. D:

Glad I got it tho. It's very good. I can't pick between Soshi or Night tho. o.o Soshi's a sexy thing~~ and Night....:DDDDDD hehehehehehehehe~

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I kept with my hope that Night was actually real.

14. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

i buy Shojo Beat. the only reason is because of A BF but also for the styles they show from Japan and other stuff. but what ever:D just enjoy it right?

15. Yukiko

Yukiko New Member

It was kinda sad, but good.

I dont ever buy manga.... i either read get it at the library, or i go to the bookstore of three hours XD I dont have one manga book in my house... --"