Current Affairs Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi: KIA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cylor, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Quoting from the New York Sun's web site...
    Well he didn't escape this time. Another terrorist ******* bites the dust, and the world will be a better place without him in it. Good riddance.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

O.O Well, I'm happy there's another terrorist out of the picture..[And by this I mean, there are plenty more and this really means nothing in the long run. Just Bush waving a small victory around to try and prove he's doing something right.]

3. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Uhh... Zarqawi was the leader and mastermind of the group he called "al-Qaeda in Iraq", which has been responsible for pretty much every major bombing and act of terrorism that's taken place in Iraq during the past three years. Many people considered this guy more dangerous than bin Laden, and he was certainly more hated, even in places like Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon, due to his propensity for seemingly indescriminate violence.

Oh, and Bush had nothing to do with this announcement. :rolleyes: The announcement was made by the Iraqi government, and US General Casey.

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

So, we take out the leader of "al-Qaeda in Iraq", Now what? Well, even though they make this out to be a big deal, it's not going to change a thing. [Oh, and Bush announced it this morning with the fateful words, "Zarqawi is dead."]

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

In other words, by Bush, through his puppet, right?

Well, good on them I suppose, but I doubt it will cause them to lie down and surrender.

...Why is it that the people fighting against the US invaders of Iraq are called "insurgents" and "terrorists," when groups like the Free French from World War II are called "freedom fighters"?

6. Cylor

Cylor New Member

On the contrary, this is another in a continuing series of major defeats and setbacks for al-Qaeda, the terrorists and so-called "insurgents" in Iraq. Is it magically going to create peace and tranquility in the region, starting tomorrow? No, of course not. But these guys cannot keep fighting forever, because eventually, they're gonna run out of money and leaders who are still breathing.

7. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Yeah not so much.

Because the Free French in WWII were fighting against the tyranny of Nazi fascism, and groups such as al-Qaeda in Iraq and the Baathist holdovers are fighting to try and create a civil war, through which they hope to impose the tyranny of Islamo-fascist rule.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

[​IMG]
    *whistles nonchalantly*

I was only half serious, but I do have a hard time trusting the Iraqi government is at all autonomous.

9. Cylor

Cylor New Member

...Okay? :confused:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reference.

10. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Though it's heartening to see that he is gone, it's kind of funny to think he was killed instead of captured like Saddam. As for it being a major victory, I'm not so certain. I keep on thinking Iraq might turn into "The Battle of Algiers."

11. Reisti Skalchaste

It's certainly not a popular war- it has it's supporters but I never understood it. Personally, I wish the soldiers all the best of luck, not because I believe what they're doing is necessarily "right" but because they're human the same as the rest of us, and they don't deserve anymore than we do to go off and die for no reason.

More and more it seems to be turning into Vietnam, I will say that.

Double posting is bad- Ya click the edit button and add whatever you want to say on the end. ;)

12. Cylor

Cylor New Member

We must be using two different schemes/layout views, because looking at it from my screen, I didn't double post. I replied to two different replies, one of which (again on my screen) was posted in between my two posts... but at any rate I apologize, in the future I'll try to be more observant of this.

I strongly disagree with your overall assessment of the situation in Iraq, but unfortunately I have observed that this is the sort of divergence that cannot and will not be settled by any amount of debate (for which this is not the correct forum, anyway), so I will leave it at that.

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Threaded mode? Switch to Linear then and check what I mean, for a sec.

And frankly I know quite a bit less about the whole thing than I like or than I probably should to make a very valid assesment, however, to my view there has not been a single good reason for the invasion, save for the whole "imported liberty" bit, which, judging by how badly the Iraqis want the USA to go home, I assumed was unwanted.

14. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Edit: I see what you mean now, sorry about that.

There's always more than one side to every story, and in the case of Iraq, certainly much more than the vast majority of media outlets seems interested in covering. Here's just one aspect.

http://www.theotheriraq.com/

15. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Yay more murder.

Pointless war formed by a Nazi Like Learder ( Bush )

I doubt anything good will ever come out of this war. It will just be a matter of time before someone else takes his spot. If the people are so deticated to what they are doing, then I don't see them stopping because of their leader getting killed.
    Bah, I hate talking about all this stuff.. gets me mad. So I am going to stop here before I end up posting more about this war than what this thread is mentioning. :D

16. Cylor

Cylor New Member

(sigh)
    ...Well, good sir, were this my own forum, I might consider continuing this discussion with you, although I suspect such discourse would likely prove to be a waste of both our time. However, this is not my forum, and I doubt the staff here would approve of such a thing... so I shall refrain.

17. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Someone else will just take his place...

There's nothing to celebrate...

This won't end...

18. Cylor

Cylor New Member

Y'know... you're right. Why cut your hair or trim your fingernails? They'll just grow back. :rolleyes:

19. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Why make your bed? It'll just get messy again.