Acting

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Novus, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

This question goes out to anyone with the good fortune to have seen both the Japanese and English versions of Dragonball Z. I want to know which version has the better acting. Unlike most series I've seen, DBZ's acting isn't half bad. Is the Japanese better? By the way, if there's a better dub out there, let me know.

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

let me see if I can understand this.. you are saying that the english dub of dbz .. is good?

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yes there is better dubs of DBZ, if ya ask me. I'd rather watch German, French or Spanish dub of DBZ than American one. You got the point?

Have you ever seen any of the Japanese episodes of DBZ, Novus? If you have you should know that it's way better than Fuanimation's dub.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, the ORIGINAL English acting in DBZ was good. The actors used until about the middle of the Frieza saga had some talent. Then, half the actors switched. That's when it got bad. Some of the characters, however, have always remained pure gold. For example, Hercule (pka Mr. Satan). His voice suits him perfectly, as does Yajirobe's. Goku and Gohan are excellent. On the other hand, Piccolo, Vegeta, Yamcha and Bulma were all replaced by no-talent, no-skill morons.
    Still, as far as anime goes, come on, you have to agree that DBZ's acting is better than most dubs. Watch some dubbed Inu-Yasha, Escaflowne, Gundam, Evangelion, Sailor Moon or Mahou Tsukai Tai! to emphasize my point.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You didn't answer my question. Have you seen any original Japanese episodes of DBZ or not? If you have you should understand that english dub of DBZ is bad. Though some people like dubbed versions of animes over originals.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. No, I haven't seen any versions other than the English.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You should. I thought that English version was good before I saw original version. Try to get some of the original episodes. I think you can buy them on DVD.

8. Novus

Novus Gone

Do the regular DVD's have the Japanese-language dub on them? If they do, there's actually a chance I might see them sometime.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

They shoud be bilingual. Check their backs for more info or ask the owner of the store.

...That sounded like some stupid commercial...

10. Novus

Novus Gone

I manage to get to a video store this weekend, I'll probably try to check these out.