Psychology Addiction. Advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peachy, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

As Headstrong did before me. I come to BJP with a piece of something and a few questions..I really don't know where to post this, so i'm sorry mods.

Well, just got off the phone with a friend of mine i've had for awhile. Mabye a few years? Anyway, I got five minutes in the conversation and here's how it went..
    ORDER: Me then Megan

" Yea..I'll do that sooner or later." ( I laughed at something we were talking about)
    " Hey Tiff, hold on. WHAT MOM!?"
    Her mom decides to come in our conversation..
    " Who are you talking to!?"
    " Tiffany, mom."
    " Give me the phone."
    " Moom..come on."

She took the phone away.

" Yea, Tiffany?"
    " Yeah, i'm here."
    " Look, I don't want this family involved with you any more. You can't trust a dopehead." Then she hung up.

Now, i've experienced some mild drama in the past, but to that VERY LINE AND WORD..she said that to me. I know this is very babyish, but that really hurt..;_;

My question to you all is, how the hell am I supposed to make it up to these people? To show them the real me...

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I will be very blunt. Because I view you as a friend.

Stop being a dope head.
    Stop doing drugs.

The mom has every right to not allow Megan around you. Can you really blaime her? She doesn't want her child to start either.

How can you show anyone the real you on drugs? Think about it. Drugs are a chemical substance. It is not the real you. You are chemical inhanced.

You are better then this.

If you are not on drugs tell them that. I have not used drugs for blah long. And you don't appricate being called in addict because you are trying to over come it.

3. Yukiko

Yukiko New Member

STOP, just stop. Everytime you do them, youre being a total idoit, and messing up you life.

I agree her mom has a right to say that, and you cant make it up to them well doing drugs.

So before you do anything else stop doing them. Youre such a better person, and if you werent doing drugs, people might take the time to see that.

4. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Yeah. Stop. Just stop. Because, after all, if a couple people on the internet tell you to stop that just means it's just that easy to just.. you know, stop. I mean, it's called an addiction because if people on a forum tell you enough to stop that means you'll be able to. :) People need to stop being so stupid. You do need to cut it out but I think the real idiots here are the ones that think it's so simple that they can just say "Just stop" and then try to make you feel bad about what you're doing... maybe they're the ones that need some advice...

5. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

How about everyone stop saying to stop doing drugs for the moment because I haven't read anywhere that she is trying to stop that she wrote herself. I agree that you should stop do drugs but you all need to hear if she is trying to stop because you all are over reacting by saying this in advance. Yes, she did drugs before and then after we all said that she should stop, has she said that she is stopping because if she did, I'm sure I missed it. If you are, that's good. I'm not sure though on how you can get them to understand that you've stopped. I'm not that great on telling you how you can get them to believe you. Try looking up people that did get people to believe that they got off drugs. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.