Oh! My Goddess Ah, Megami-sama Question

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by UmiRyuuzaki45, Jul 1, 2003.

1. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Um...I heard there's like 96 volumes to this manga. Is that true? Is it any good. Should I start reading it? I just wanna know if it's worth the time and money. And what is the first volumes title?

1 person likes this.
  2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

-Aa!! Megami-sama Otaku Arrives-

Well, if you mean the Japanese Manga, it's a total of 25 graphic novels that has been realised and some are still under development. And if we are talking about "comic" typed manga, there are OVER 100 exampels since this "manga" has been around for over a decade.

It's about a young man named Keiichi Morisato, and he's a typical normal Student. One day, he's hungry and dials a wrong number ( Hence, that's the first manga titel " Wrong Number ), and a goddess named Belldandy arrives and grants him one wish. He thinks this is a joke, and says

" I want a goddess like you to be with me forever! "

...And the wish was granted, now, Keiichi Morisato has a Girlfriend who is also a goddess!

As the manga develops, Belldandys two sister appears, Urd & Skuld, and the adventures are hilarious, sad, touching, romantic and a touch of action too.

Well, I actually saw the OAVS first, but than i started to buy the manga and tell you what, buy the manga instead, the OAVS were only 5 episode long ( DAMN IT! ), and there are a total of 16 translated Graphic novels by Darkhorse, and Kodansha has realised a total of 26 Graphic novels in Japan and it's still running! It's worth it, trust me, I am an Aa!! Megami-sama Otaku now, got too much AMS Stuff :bleed:

3. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Figure's you'd be the one to answer my question Teddz. Anyway one more question, who's Peorth. What's her deal. I got her on a quiz one, so who exactly is she. The only person I now from this series is Belldandy.

4. Teddz

Peorth is a first class goddess with a ulimited license. She's the goddess of enternity, and she's a very old and close friend of Belldandy. She makes her debut in the manga when Keiichi was gonna call to her sister, and she wants to grant him "his hearts desire". Well, basiclly, she's a lady that wants her way, and she will do anything to get that. She's a brunette with very sexy clothing. Angel is gorgeous rose.

She also appears in the Movie, where she's the yggdrasill system manager (she's that in the manga too). In the movie she's more serious than the manga :).

Here's an attachment.

Attached Files:

5. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Ty again. Now, what does the first manga look like. I go there and there's always like 100 different one's on the shelf(exageration). Who's on the cover of the first manga, what's the color, title. :D

6. Teddz