Anime "Air Gear" Aug 21 - 27 Fansub of the Week

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by wertitis, Aug 21, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

This week's fansub isn't quite as random as the previous ones. This title, Air Gear, is a fresh new show about, well, Roller Blades. More specifically Roller Blades with enough horsepower so send the average person airborne. A teen by the name of Itsuki Minami gets his hands on a ("Stolen") pair of these nifty shoes, dubbed Air Treks, and in the space of a single night finds himself thrown into the subculture surrounding them. Hooked, he enlists in the aid of his friends to form his own group, hoping to challenge. Meanwhile the girls he "stole" his original pair of Air Treks from find themselves babysitting the guy as he proceeds to haphazardly throw himself into situations he can't get himself out of.

But hey, if you had jet engines on wheels strapped to your feet you'd find yourself pushing the limit too.

Fun with smooth, crisp animation, it reminds me a little of Jet Set Radio with rocket boots. It's sure to please those who are seeking a title that's something a little different. It is a lot of fun. :3

More info Here

~BJP Fansub Team

2. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Saw the first episode in Japanese. It's actually pretty good though I'm curois to see how better it is English.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

English will make it only worse.

I also watch this show and I like it very much.