Studio Key Works Air TV

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, May 17, 2005.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Hi guys, since I haven't seen a thread dedicated to this anime, I decided to open one!

Here's some info about the series. The fansubs are available thru animesuki.

Anyway, for those who have seen it, I decided to write a small essay on the series entitled " Essay on Anime and the mythology of ancient gods".
    (warning: from a religious point of view)
    (More warning: Contains spoilers of the first 9 episodes)

So, what do you guys think about the series?

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think its alright, i like the animation, its really well done and very fluid. I find that this is an anime that will toy with you, at some point you'll be laughing (GAO!!!), and then at other times it can make you feel sad as things go on. So you know its an anime that really touches you.
    That said i do find the story hard to follow at times, and i'm never really sure about whats going on.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have the episodes but I have yet to watch it. I am kinda catching up on Naraku and I work a lot. But I will watch it at some point.

4. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I think I said something about this before, can't remember where. Air is one of those series I thought was pretty good, but didnt feel really like I had to keep watching. Its a beautiful production, widescreen, exelent acting and intriguing story. My favourite characters are Yukito (the guy) and Haruko, the motorcycle lady ^^

My problem with it is "too many girls" which makes it a bit too much like a shoujo oriented harem type story, which it really ouht not to be in my opinion, and i mostly find that kind of things annoying (eg Mahou Sensei Negima). But still , the drama is good. I will definitly give this another go, but Ive got too many series that I really have to watch atm.

The religious and spiritual elements in manga and anime are fascinating to me, but Im an atheist so I cant get into a discussion of this from a christian point of view as I have to challenge the starting point of an argumant like that, and I dont wish to get involved in that here.

5. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Uh, I'd love to see this series, honestly. But being so unfortunate in my part, it would take me more than a week to get an episode. ;___;
    Anyhow, I'll still make sure I get the lot of them. Even if it take me years. Eh.

6. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I love Air! It is good, I wish I could read japanese so that I could play the game....

Yeah, it feels a bit rushed, I think it is too bad that they only made it 12 episodes. When I saw the first episode, I also though that it was propably just another harem-anime like Negima, but I was really suprised as the story moved on..... It's not like that at all, even though it is made over a dating-game!

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I must say I like it.

The series is beautiful and sad.