Alex Ross Latest

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Cloud, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

From http://www.lastcomicsite.com/news/sept01/sept28battle.php3

Remember that cool Alex Ross painting for a proposed Battle of the Planets comic book? It first appeared in an issue of Wizard earlier this year, then later became a lithograph offered by Dynamic Forces.

Now it's going to really be a comic book series.

Newsarama was there with the first news of the deal Ross has struck with Top Cow Comics. Ross will provide the covers as well as art direct for a mini-series that will likely have the title G-Force. While Ross won't be providing art for the book's interior, he will be painting the book's covers as well as overseeing the artist who will be working on the series (to be announced). Writer Munier Sharrieff (Battle Chasers) contacted Ross soon after seeing the Wizard artwork and pitched the artist his idea for a Battle of the Planets comic book. Ross liked it and the two hooked up.

Ross is now trying to get all the various licenses for the property under the Top Cow banner. That could mean we're looking at the early stages of a potential new franchise for the Cow, which has now branched out into TV, film and video game territories.

"I can say that Battle of the Planets was such an inspiration in my childhood that most of my self-created superheroes were born of their inspiration. Even years later, when I would take my same characters and try to change them over time, I would find that those influences from G-Force were still having an impact on me and my work," said Ross about his deep love for the property.

Discuss that nearly X-rated pose Princess is making above in LCS Fallout!

Reported by Patrick
    Contributing sources: Newsarama
    Posted 9/28/2001.

2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Guest

Awesome....Ross's KINGDOM COME was also awesome. I hope they do Condor Joe justice and show him for the incredible character that he is. Joe needs to hook up with Aeon Flux.