Creative Writing All is well.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Chance, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

. Hand clenched at her sides, she huffed angrily. Next to her Michael snickered almost uncontrollably. His head bowed and his arms holding his stomach, he looked like he was dying. It wasn’t anything more then sheer irony that seemed to tickle his funny bone is such a way.

“This… Is hilarious!” He laughed, looking up to the sign above them. “Sweet timing too. I swear it.”

“What are you, retarded?!” She asked, facing him with a scowl. “This is not funny. It’s horrible. Horrible..” She shook her head sadly, and turned away from him, disappointed.

She moved along, making her way back home over sidewalks of cracked cement. To her, that exhibit was her life. The art inside the gallery amazed her, sparking emotions she didn’t know she had had beforehand. Now, it was over and done with, moving out of their ill kept neighborhood.

Behind her, Michael had remained silent after her outburst, eyes on the sky above. “I’m sure it will be back. Next year maybe.”

She failed to respond, preferring to move along and just forget it all. The paintings were something close to her heart. All scenes of love. They were amazing, breath taking. An escape from all of the drama that seemed to follow her around. As they rounded a corner, she felt Michael’s hand on her shoulder.

She stopped obligingly and turned to face him. “Ok, I know I’m being silly bu-.” Suddenly his lips were pressed to hers. She didn’t know what to expect, accepting the kiss willingly. As he pulled away slowly, she watched his movements, biting her bottom lip lightly.

“Look.. If it’s love you want, I’ll give it to you. If it’s beauty you want, look in a mirror. If you want something special, stop ignoring I’m here.” He sounded set on what he said, his eyes meeting hers. “I can’t keep this up, nor do I want to. I’m here pining for you, loving you… And you’re more interested in pastels and clay.”

“I didn’t know..” She said softly, looking at her shoes. She hadn’t even thought of Michael’s feelings in all this. Ever in fact in matters of the heart. He was a friend, only a friend… What was he doing?

“Look at me, please.” He said softly, moving a hand to her chin to raise her head. “Just say you love me. Just say you feel the same.”

Feeling tears itch at her eyes, she replied in a shaken tone. “I do… I do love you. I love everything about you.”

He stood straight, looking away from her. “then why do you sound so uncertain? Why do you sound like I’ve hit you?”

“I’m not sure if I’m worth it.”

“Alex, you’re all that is worth it to me. Everything you are, that’s what’s worth it.” He pointed upward, towards the clear night sky. “See all those stars? When I see them, I think of you. I think of how you make me see things. Make me want to see more…Make me want to do more. This place, this isn’t our home. This neighborhood, this city. This world isn’t where we live.”

“What do you mean?” She asked shyly, not sure where he was going with his statement.

“Alex, my home is in your heart. Your home, it’s in mine. We’re like two halves of the same whole, guided by blind need. I need you. And that art, it means nothing. Life means nothing. What is meaningful is the smile you give and the warmth you show. I love you. Forget about the artwork, and love me too.”

"I do!" She nearly shouted, moving closer and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I do feel that way! I love you, I adore you, I love you! There's nothing more to say.." She buried her face against his neck, crying. "I would never forget you because of a few stupid drawings. Never..."

Michael just looked back up at the stars, a smile on his face. "Then all is well in this little world of mine."

2. DrCube

DrCube New Member

Awwwww....

This piece was very well put together, albeit very sappy. =P

A few of the minions has to leave the room, due to the sheer tear-enducing-ness of this story. Of course their heads promptly exploded, but that's beside the point.

Who would have thought "Dr. Cube Brand Anti-Hero AntiFreeze" would cause explosions when mixed with tears?

-Dr. Cube

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Of all the love stories I've read, I think this one is the most emotional for me. I really like how it goes and how Michael tells about how much he loves Alex. Alex's reactions were also really emotional as well. I really do think that this is the best and most emotional story I've read yet.

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

^_^ I am so happy to hear you liked this story. I mean, there's nothing more that I want then for the people who read these little bits of writing and enjoy them.