Video Games All the gamers say pwn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nightmare, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

2. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I actually liked Mark Friedler's statements more than anything. Adam Sessler was almost manic and eccentric in his ramblings, while Friedler was much more calm and cool about the whole ordeal but both of them made very excellent points. Video game violence is far from the first kind of violence that the public has been subjected to; movies and even the news, violent lyrics in music, so on and so forth. I think personally that Jacko just couldn't get past the first level of Wolfenstein 3D and threw a hissy fit, but that's just my opinion. (That was a joke by the way). And what Jack Thompson is -not- telling people is that there have been actual tallies and evidence showing that since the release of violent video games in previously violent areas of the nation, that the rate of violent crimes has dropped DRASTICALLY. But of course, that's the side of the story you -don't- hear and that's not just Jack's fault, but it's our country and the media as well, because we have this sort of sardonic idea of life and don't want to hear about the happy stories unless it's in a movie or in a book or in a video game; we hear on the news about so and so got murdered, this woman was raped, someone started this fire in this apartment building, this 7-11 Employee was shot, this little boy was kidnapped, this priest was arrested for molesting these boys, these two kids shot and killed a number of people in their school and killed themselves... the outlook on everything is particularly gloomy and depressing and I would say a border-line sadistic obsession.

3. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Reason being is because most people don't give two sh*ts about the good news and only listen to the negative. The media focus's on violence and so on type of news is because thats what people will pay attention and keep them to thier seats or so they will hope. People in a whole are stupid and ignorant they will eat every word that the media drops because they don't think for themselves or search.

4. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Thank you for repeating everything I just said, but in a more ignorant manner.