Debate Alternate Realities, Parallel universes, what are your thoughts, feelings and theorys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rem, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Rem

Rem New Member

Do you think that parallel universes exsist? if so do you think they are advanced? the same or behind? Do you think that there are me's you's and everyone else's (confusing :dizzy2: ) in those universes. I for one bileve that there are infinite universes, some more advanced and some are the same and some maybe even completley different, but have humans on a planet. And what about alternate realities? do you think they go on in the parallel universes or on this very earth. My theory is:

During the course of our lives, we make decisions, each desicion determines what happens next. Imagine an alternite reality for every single different decision. The alternate realities are happening on the same earth but each of the realities cant see the other them. (I am confusing I know but just bear with me). And then what if there is not infinite universes? and there are only so many, I think that this may also be possible:

What if there is a final stage? what if the earth we live of is about the 15000000th one?. Imagine the first earth, that had a me, a you and 1 of everyone else. Each making the same decisions. Everything happening the same. But were not complete , imagine we have souls and through every earth there is a part missing (sounds like evangelion and intsrimentality) Everytime everyone dies on an earth and that earth also dies (im thinking that the earth will only live for a few years after everyone is dead) their soul gets sent to the next earth and fills in a missing part of that you, me and everyone else. Imagine that this goes on until we reach the final stage and we are complete? what do you think happens then? do we die? do we evolve? or do we simply float around in space as angels?. This is what I think that dae ja vou (or whatever it is, when you remeber something and think it happened before) I think that when we experiance it, its that soul remebering events in it's life. Also do you think our dreams are alternate realities, maybe when we dream we see some of the alternate realities?.

My imagination runs wild with me and I always find myself gazing up at the stars wondering wether there is another me or a final stage to human beings.

sorry about the bad spelling, and sorry if you think I am a babbling idiot :sweat2: . Its just that what if question, it always gets us, and we are always trying to find answers, I thought it would be fun and very interesting to hear other peoples veiws.

Thanks everyone
    xxxx

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Well, I've got my own theories on this subject, but because I'm actually a part of the science community, I'd feel bad about disclosing them without discussing them in some sort of conference first. Sorry! :shy3:

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I believe that alternate realities exist, especially due to the whole quantum physics dealy. Baph probably knows what I refer to. ;)

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i believe in the multiverse and all the alternate realities it has to offer. and it's all because it's very very quantum.

5. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Meh, I'll go ahead and post something about quantum theory that's relevant to the topic, if only to seem as though I'm actually contributing something. :p

There was this guy from Germany named Edward Schroedinger (I think it was Edward, not sure, but that's not important). He's a big name is physics because of this little thought-experiment he did, now known as Schroedinger's Cat.

Put a cat in a box with a certain amount of unstable radioactive material, so you cannot predict the rate at which it decays, and seal the box so no light can get it or out. Now, in this state, the cat has either died of radiation poisoning or is still alive, but because you cannot observe what is going on, you cannot be sure which is true. In this state, both exist equally. The cat is both alive and dead. Once you open the box, one or the other will overpower the majority, and that will be the result seen. This is what quantum mechanics is very heavily based on: the fact that two differing instances can exist at the same time.

So, by quantum mechanics, the answer is that yes, there exists more than one possible timeline.

6. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I beleive in parallel universes as well.

If you want a very basic example of an alternate reality you should watch Back to the Future 2. :anime: Yes, I know its not very scientific, but it can give you a visual idea. They pretty much say what you said Rem in your theory.

I sure hope my dreams aren't my alternate realities because they are pretty messed up sometimes.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

That sounds just like an episode of Red Dwarf. I bet you were watching that when you came up with this question.
    ANyway i think that is possable that there is an alternete universe. And that it plays out that in one point in life a choice is made and one universe goes one way and the other goes the other way.

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

so... do christians who believe in parallel universes believe that they are parallel heavens? or do they think that they're going to spend eternity in their own varied company..?

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Who knows?

like many things i just have blind faith. Except it.

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

blind... being blind means you can't see. being blind by choice means you accept there may be something to see but you choose not to acknowledge that.

the term blind faith.. it's truer than most people realise.

11. Rem

Rem New Member

hiya,
    well, I dont really watch red dwarf and my questions and thoughts about life and reality arent usually sproted by a tv seiries. My imagination is quite mad lol. And that cat experiment. I knew about that and think its very interesting, and a good way to symbolise the meaning of two exsistences happenning at the same time (in the one cat not two people standing side by side). ^_^.

xxxx

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

If there are such things as alternate realities i think that in two of them i'm dead :sad: . Scary.

13. MrPig

MrPig New Member

Theres no reason to believe they do exist, but then again we dont know enough to discount it.

I like the idea of a parallel universe. At least that way i can think of myself as a person who's got a fast car :p

14. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

erm.. not entirely true, i believe there is plenty of evidence to suggest the existence of parrallell universes and dimensions..whether or not they follow our timeline or have any resemblance to our own however.. i'm not sure :)

15. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

What about paradox's? Like, can two people exist in the same reality simultaneously? Well, I believe that there are alternate universes...or at least it would be cool if they existed.

16. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

For some reason I believe that they all exist (I have no idea why) its probably just because its nice to believe in something.