Art Always Superheroes and Future Stuff

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by silverline, Sep 15, 2005.

1. silverline

silverline New Member

I was thinking about my own comic and the anime you can see on tv. It is mostly stuff about children who get superpowers and have to save the world. Ofcourse it is fun and exciting. But why do they put those anime series on tv. And if it is not about saving the world then it is something that happens in the future and about gaming and fighting each other. Ofcourse here in the Netherlands the people or not yet confinced enough about anime and manga. Thats why I can hardly find any good stuff on tv or in the book store.

But on the other hand, if you want to make a brand new serie, and you do not want to go down those to paths, then what CAN you do?
    You could make a soap on a school or something. But that is all done.
    I wish the people here would do more about anime and manga, it is coming up slowely but just not fast enough. And ofcourse they make it all in Dutch, which makes that the anime loses it glance somewhat.

2. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

i take it that you are looking at making your own manga and want some suggestions on subject matter?, or am i totally off the mark... :confused:

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

the point is? o_O?

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I am wondering if you would prefer this in another forum, where it may get more attention. Are you asking what kind of shows could be made that aren't manga and anime based? Or what can be done in terms of art form for the people in the Netherlands?

5. silverline

silverline New Member

yeah sorry i believe I lost the point there a bit with all the complaining and stuff
    I indeed want to make my own manga, already busy with donjinshi and stuff
    but I need fresh ideas, I ofcourse have enough ideas and should think of something I like myself, but I also want something that other people like too. And since most people here do not know manga and anime, they cant really help me much with it for they do not really understand it.

6. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

gotcha. ;) . try asking them anyway. you're trying to steer away from the manga/anime cliches right?. so if you ask people with little experience, then they're more likely to generate original and interesting concepts. as opposed to a fan, who'll likely start rattling off the usual stuff.
    otherwise you could try looking at film genres for ideas. maybe do a spaghetti western... or a 50's film noir?. :catgirl:

7. silverline

silverline New Member

oh yes I understand, yeah thats actually a very good idea, good point :)
    it is true they will start about things theyve seen etc
    I will start asking some questions and sort of "interview" them, lol
    Yes, that would be great, though western is not really my speciality, but I can work on that.. maybe reading some more western comics etc would help me. :) thnx alot

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I will be looking forward to your doujin silverline. I know it will be good ;)

- Teddz

9. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

is it old western or future spaghetti western? a good spaghetti western anime show is Bakuretsu Tenshi........ever heard of it? are you even making a comic or whatever :dizzy2: *i just skimmed through all the post* :anime:

10. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

0_o. it's actually been done!. i guess nothing's original... i'll hafta check it out, thanx for the tip hacker.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm.. what about a bunch of monks.. who open up a candy joint.. and all about their adventures.. you know even bread's been done. Maybe create a story about life and history of Holland, about the kid who put his finger in the dyke and saved Holland, but then had to go and take out the mutant monsters that would sink it even further, then he goes into space even.. What was the boy's name? I don't think he had one..

12. silverline

silverline New Member

AHh great to hear that :) and I know you will like it cuz it sure is the category you like very much *grins*
    and thank you teddz :)

13. silverline

silverline New Member

Hm it all sounds very funny and interesting, lol
    and about the kid who put is finger in the dyke, I vaguely know that story, but I believe that he indeed did not had a name. Life in holland nowadays is not that interesting to make a comic about, its mostly about drugs, crimes and stupid accidents. Not really different than some other countries I believe..
    But the history of holland could be more interesting, though I must admit I am more interested in Egypt and Antartica, but I dont know if I can work with that. The problem is that I can make up so many different characters and situations. The place and style is the problem, I just cant pick one, or make one up. I need to continue with it.

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

This pervert demands a copy as well.

15. silverline

silverline New Member

hahaha, well I did not want to throw it out in the open so unshamefully. But I guess it cant be helped