Art an idea...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bloodberry, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

heheh try this again...in the right area....and idea! i want another drawing contest...as i was kinda mia for the last one...heh...any idea for a miia drawing contest?

2. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I'm confused, but it sounds cool. Are you talking about a contest on a new mascot or one for miia? If it is Miia how about a holiday Miia, like Thanksgiving, Halloween, St. Patricsday, Valentinesday, etc...

3. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

I like the halloween costume idea...and then I started thinking...

Perhaps we could have a contest to draw a new mascot that is kinda the evil side of Miia? You know, darker clothing, who knows maybe it is a guy, or perhaps Miia looking like a zombie, or just a girl in dark clothes...I guess it is up to the creator.

Anyways, that way it is more universal, and not limited to one month, but I still like the costume idea, however I'm tossing out the evil mascot idea for the heck of it.

4. The CIA

The CIA New Member

I think he means MIA as in "missing in action" military trem, but a contest would be fun.

5. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

She means, and yes, that certainly may be what "mia" was for, but "miia" is the actual Mange to Anime mascot character.

6. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Woah this is a whole host of miscomunication.
    I think she meant MIA and Miia.

Re read to post and you'll see.

Yeah a competition would be cool.
    I don't really like drawing someone elses characters though.
    I'd have to put a twist on it somehow.

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

It sounds like a good idea. I'd like to enter, but my lack of scann3r4g3 holds me back. And CIA, she did mean both mia and Miia.

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

actually, i had meant to type "it was miia for the last one" but well, when i'm low on sleep my typing gets kinda bad...

but yeah, maybe a darkside, or maybe even a rival mascot...buts omething for holiday theme would be neat...and as halloween IS coming up, maybe that should be the theme?

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm thinking that something that we could do is have a contest to make a Halloween version of our logo, and we can have this show every Halloween on Mangatoanime. And we can have one of these for every holiday when they come up ;)

It's not that great of an idea though ><

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

or, we can do 2 contests, that way, if you can't draw, you can still participate. *^-^*

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yeah, maybe if we have one a drawing/art type contest the other one could be a writing one, maybe a really scary or halloween themed fanfic...

There's probably something else we could do too, maybe a candy search contest like the one we had for easter?

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hmm..yes something like that...that makes three from how i was thinking tho lol but coolnesss...so, so far it's "halloween Miia", a holloween theme of the logo, and a m2a halloween fanfic.*^-^* with the cut off date being in october...now, to think of prizes...lol well, for the art things i think maybe just having them used as the theme for the holiday would be cool...but not sure for the fic..*^-^*

13. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

So is the cut off date October 1st, or later? If we wait to long it would kinda miss its point. Maybe it could be up till early November, until we put up a "thankie" one, then a "holiday" one from December 10-January10. -shrug- If anyone even does this...

It's a cool idea, and if I can I'll try to do one myself, someone just needs to really put it into order.

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

for all halloween things, i hereby set the due date to october 19th. a saturday...gives a week to go thru it all...*^-^* after that, it'll come down to ppl judging...ie mods...a chosen panel(me) lol*^-^* i'll work it out...