Art An Interview with XENOEXISTENCE aka : That guy!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Hi Minna-san! Seraphim Filling in for Skuld-chan here! Today I would like to interview XenoExistence, known as That guy! here at M2A. That guy! continues to create new designs and computer graphics for his website, but as well has drawn images, and even has his own online anime music station!

KONNICHI-WA THAT GUY! Please tell us more about what you do, and what inspires you in your artistic endeavours.

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

yo! Ane Chan ^^ (Sister)

Right now I'm pretty much just a student at Ursuline College in Chatham, Ontario in grade 12. I plan to go into Multimedia design, so I'd be working on web design, graphics design, photography, and so on :) But right now I'm working on several websites, such as The Domain of the Hitokiri , Hitokiradio, My School's Pro-Life Website. And also I'm putting together a website for the Chiropractor place in my city ^.^x

I'm not really sure why I draw most of what I do, some of my drawings I just want to put all of the experiences and anime art stored away in my mind down on paper ^^ I also like to portray how I'm feeling at the time into my drawings, when I draw pictures for Chibi Meg I add a mood of love.. When I draw pictures of Xeno Sama I'm feeling a bit of excitement and also rage. Another inspiration is to see all of the awesome pictures that you draw Seraphim and to try to paint and draw that well ^^

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

err.. thanks Xeno-sama :) So you plan to go into Multimedia-design in the future? Would you say your art style is more anime-driven and related, or do you have a flare for any other art styles?

plus, tell us what got you started on making your own radio station?

4. That guy!

Most of my art is pretty much anime-art style ^^ I remember in grade 9 art how I made a cool picture of Charmeleon from Pokemon. I should scan that and put it in the gallery. But my art is usually a mix of different styles that I've grown attuned to from watching them, such as Akira Toriyama's style. I have drawn other styles in the past, but I find that manga is the funnest to draw.

Oh and I think I started Hitokiradio by listening to BigMog radio, and after like a week of listening to it I sort of wondered how I could make my own. Then I heard this commercial saying "Live365.com" and I went there and started my own anime/jpop/jrock radio station by pulling together my favourite songs.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What kind of songs do you have on your HitokiRadio? Have people requested songs from you?

And do you plan to take any art training or lessons in the future to develop technique? (gomen if I'm repeating questions).

6. That guy!

lol, I have tonnes of stuff on Hitokiradio... Initial D, Ayumi Hamasaki, Megumi Hayashibara, The Pillows, Gravitation, Two Mix, Yokko Kanno, Anzai Hiroko, Rurouni Kenshin, Kageyama Hironobu(Japanese DBZ), L'Arc En Ciel, Utada Hikaru, Masami Okui, T.M. Revolution, Final Fantasy and a tonne of others ^____^x I've had quite a few requests, mainly from BakaMattSu ;) although I have a forum at the Hitokiradio site set up so people can request a song or tell me a song they don't like so the station is customizable with the listener as well.

I'm not sure, I'd like to learn a few things from Mrs. Tatcher(an art teacher in my city) in the future. That depends on whether or not I can afford it though... But as for site design and graphics design I plan to go to College or University to sharpen my skillz :)

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Is it only your feelings that you want to express through your art? or are there any other social or political issues you would like to express through art?

Art can have many different meanings, from one person to the next. That_guy! what do you think art is all about? do you think Earth needs art?
    (i.e. relaxation, communication, etc.)

8. That guy!

I usually don't do artwork for reasons of social criticism, but I think that would be kind of cool to do someday ^^ I have quite a bit to criticize in life, such as the way people are treated when they are "different". I think I'm going to draw a pic about that soon because it would be kind of cool ^^

To me, art is a way to express your emotions, or to portray a message across to an audience. "A picture is worth a thousand words" <--- I agree with this statement completely. Art can also be just for fun, I mean I draw sometimes when I have nothing else to do to entertain meself. The world does need art because well looking at the art that someone has created is like looking into their mind and their soul, it can explain so much about them and teach others about them. If you see a picture of a person walking through the streets on a rainy day then the person who drew this may have been depressed, or that person could be from a rain forest.

As well, art makes the Earth a much more unique, colourful and interesting place to live. Every culture in history had a form of art, like how the cave men drew on walls to tell stories, Egyptians did this as well... withough art we would be robots I guess. Oro! I could go on forever >.<

Oh yeah, I might as well add this on. It's the IP address to my radio station, to play it open up winamp and press "ctrl L" and copy and paste :

http://www.live365.com/play/266062?membername=&session=xenoexistence%3A0&pid=&SaneID=65.92.89.30-1016130463790&lid=-1-can

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

tell me That guy!, you explained why you draw, is it the same when it comes to your radio station? why did you create it? do you think discussing political or social stances through art is powerful? or an easy way not to literally talk to the public? do you find art therapeutic?

plus, to any of our viewers out there, what do you think art is really about? and why do you draw? what do you feel when you look at a certain artist's work, and name the artist, be it a famous impressionist, to any of our members here.

10. That guy!

I have no clue why I created the radio station >< but I do like to find new things in life and just work on those things until I can do something cool with them. ^^ When I heard the ad for Live365 I guess that I just wanted to start a new project that would keep me busy ;) But, I don't really have a political reason for creating it. I sort of made it so that I could share my interest of music with the world and I guess from the ratings I get people like it :)

I think that discussing political or social through art could be really powerful. If the music or the artwork becomes popular then many people are given the message. I'm sure that well, with music more people will listen to the message if it has a good beat to it, and with art if it looks loverly.

Methinks that art can be therapeutic as well, just looking at it can help a person relax... especially if it has soothing colours (ie. light blue) Or it can give off a totally different mood... such as anger if the drawing is black or red. I guess this could be the way that people give their stances through art.

yeah if anyone else has questions to ask feel free to :) and arigatou Seraphim dono for giving me all of these interesting questions ^________^x <---- edit: oh and I didn't mean to close the interview with that, ask me more ask me more! *runs to a dark cave whispering "my prrrecccciiooouuus"*