RPG Archives AnImE CoLlISiOn!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 11, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Delays are inevitable, and not everyone is connected to the net 24/7. As such, I don't think an actual "punishment" or "time restriction" should be enforced... even if it does slow things down. I'll try my best to structure things so that we can move on if things slow...but even I am less disposed than I used to be with the whole scene...

More as I sort it out,
    BakaMattSu

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

so for the time being, we can post what we think of the game and such? in character fo course ;)

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, exactly....until I get around to explaining the next event. I want no confusion this time, so I'm going to be very detailed in explanation....:)

4. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Hey, CAN I JOIN?

Hey guys, I am coming in as Shinji from EVA if thats all right with you guys.:glazed:

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

'Fraid I'll give you the same answer as those before, Mu. You can't join in until the current roundof contestants are done, okay?

Sorry once again for inconveniences.
    -BMS

6. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

when i can......may i join.......

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You certainly may....hmm...it looks like I should get this thing rolling again, shouldn't I?

8. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

yea definetly!

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Here comes lotsa text!

ANIME COLLISION DATE GAME
    Heres how our next round works. Ein is a guest on a dating sim, where the remainder of you contestants are his "eligibles"...Think Bachelor # 1, Bachelor # 2, etc...

Obviously, Ein would be able to tell who is speaking by poster, so this game is going to work thru the Private Messaging system. Each of you contestants will have received a PM detailing your allegiance and contestant number. (i.e. "Good Date, Contestant # 3)

Our game has a twist to it...for good ol' Einnie to score some points, he needs to weed out the "bad dates" from the "good ones". Why, you ask? Read on, player...;)

"Good Date"
    If you've received this label, you're trying to get on Ein's good side. Do your utmost to answer in a way you think would please him.

"Bad Date"
    If you've received this label, you could care less about what Ein thinks. Brush off his answer, and try to turn it around so it insults or angers him...:)

"Wildcard"
    If you've received this label, "the choice is yours, my padawan learner"...Act and answer however you feel at the time. As the wildcard, you are trying to confuse or distort Ein's thoughts of you...

Here's how the game functions. At the start of each round of questions, all contestants will receive a new number...And things go as follows:

Ein poses one question to 3 different numbers of choice...these questions can be the same, or different...

For Example, a possible question round could be:

"Contestant # 1: If you could be a flower, what breed would you be?

Contestants #2 and #3: Where would you take me on your first date?"

Now those particular contestants PM their answers to me, and I replay them for Ein on the boards.

After which, Ein has to eliminate one contestant - but here's the catch. He must eliminate by name, not number...:) In other words, he must guess which contestants are bad...

Now for the figures. Aside from the usual Characterization/Entertainment bonus, we have the game scoring:

At the end of the round, Ein scores +100 for every nice answer he receives to a question, and -100 for every insulting answer... The other contestants receive +100 for every round they participate in. So in the end, Ein will want to vote off all of the bad contestants as soon as possible...or he may get a very low score...

Any questions or clarification requests? I would like to have everyone know what's goign on before we begin (and before I send any PMs....)

10. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

tis all good here i understand

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

so those that are given 'bad date' must try to brush off Ein and Ein can boot them out? is it that easy to pick out the baddies, by just saying -that one that answered that is bad, and then that 'bad date' is out of the game, and has no luck getting more points?

confuzelled

12. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I understand completely! Er...except for one thing. So then, if we give Ein bad answers, of course he'll know who the bad dates are, right? It's the same question as Seraphim...Actually, I'm not quite so sure I understand completely...

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Precisely why it works via private messaging and the number system. Ein asks the questions, and you others realy your answer privately to me... then I neutrally post the answer for all to see.

This, combined with your number system should cause Ein to slip up a bit...

And if you're wondering how to roleplay, your characters are fully aware that they are to trip up their "suitor", meaning you can play them playing someone else... perhaps they may try to act as another contestant in the hopes of Ein voting them off? It's all up to you!

And all voices will be regarbled...i.e. If you "Mew" or "Myaa", the translation will be all I convey ;)...

Is that clear as mud then? :D

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

No...I still don't quite understand....What if my translations is meant to be "Myaaa???", lol, Just Kidding!

Thanks for clearing it up for me! :)

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay then, if you are a contestant and you fully understand everything, let's start this round already!! PM me to tell me you're ready to receive your number and Role!

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Not to push or anything...

...but I've only received 2 of 5 PMs....

Keep in mind that I'll need everyone's okay before continuing...

And if you still are lost on what's going on, let me know!~:)

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Sorry for being late.. but as you know i was Lost somewhere in the ocean.. but now im back..!

Just one question.. Do i post my question on the board and then have it relayed to me????

KaMe

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

WHEN those contestants signal they're ready:

-You will post your question to the board
    -They will respond to me via PM
    -I will relay their answers on the board, masked

19. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok tell me when i can start!!!!!!

EH EH!

KaMe

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

gomen, I'll just read through the stuff again.