RPG Archives AnImE CoLlISiOn!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 11, 2001.

1. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

i don't care or not if he fell off i just need to know if he is still there if i wanted to target him

------------------
    IwAnBo the grinning idiot!

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

okay...this sucks if I have no arms. What the hell am I supposed to do?!?!

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well the way I look at it.. Id say im out of the game,.. I am playing as a lil dog that can prety much only bite ppl.. I i hardly think i can take a mache 3 blow...

But I also think that we should have turns like in Normal RPG's.. Because if 2 ppl make all sorts of moves when the other ppl are away from there copmputer. then how can one defend or attack when they are not around to know whats even going on. like myself!

also there sould be a judge at the end of everyones turn to dicide weather or not on character or more should be eliminated from what just happened...

KaMeKaZi

4. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

i think he has it where say if i attack you still have time to repond and stuff

------------------

5. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

cause when i attcak i have to wait till the person i attack respones to what i do

------------------

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Rules Erratum/Addition

Actions in a Round
    How much you can post, and when this post can take place is ruled by the current event. Failure to follow these rules (or those stated by individual events) can result in disqualification from that round.

Each event falls into one of two categories:

-Active
    -Inactive

Inactive events are those in which characters are given a simple question or task, and they are to respond. This could something like "stand on one foot and hop around the room", or "describe your current favourite player"... In these events, you can post regarding every element you need (For the examples above, you could describe your entire trip around the room, or go into exact detail about your opponent).

Here, you get one post. Yup, that's it - no more. So make every single little word count. With inactive, feel free to involve other characters, but not to the degree of doing any permanent harm to them...

Active events last much longer (a barroom brawl perhaps), and there is more of a restriction here. Each post represents a single action (being anything you could say/do in the course of 30 seconds), and you get one post a round. This means you have to wait until ALL other players in your event have posted before your next action.

Active actions, as it also should be noted, are attempts and as such should not have 100% percent definite results. Compare the following two posts:

A) Ryo puts a bullet into Ryoko's chest.
    B) Ryo fires his gun at Ryoko's chest.

The first implies that Joe has already shot Ryoko, while the second leaves Ryoko's player a chance to respond. Active scenes are player co-operative, not player dominate, so make sure you are all actively playing together. If no players are acting fairly (i.e. they never take a hit, or dodge with inhuman reflexes without having any character background to back it up, a judge may step in to make a ruling...)

"I Don't Think You're Judging Me Fairly, BakaMattSu"

Hate to break this to ya, but I'm not the judge when it comes to the scoreboard (though I will step in if need be...). There is a secret panel which works behind the scenes to review player posts and decide based on criteria I give them. These guys make the decisions.

Want to be a secret panel judge? No problem. The only requirement is impartialiality (and obviously not being involved with the current Anime Collsion game...). Send me an e-mail request, and I'll set you up.

Character Elements

Please refrain from referencing anything from your anime that would be considered a 'Spoiler' (quick definition: something major in plot that would make watching that anime less enjoyable).

Keep in mind that other players/judges may not have had the opportunity or chance to see your character's anime, and as such provide as much background in the Out of Play thread as possible when referencing events/places/characters/powers from it.

7. That guy!

This whole fight here could take forever.

I mean, what if say Iwanbo was fighting Ebismaru and Iwanbo kicked Ebismaru a high damage attack, is Ebismaru supposed to say "Oh you got me, I'm out of the match?". I say that we have rounds in this fight where everyone is able to do what they want. Once the round is finished the GM(BMS) should say whether or not our attacks against each other were successful.

I'm just giving my advice as the RPG moderator, that's all...

EDIT: he beat me again! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-15-2001).]

8. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

I don't realy care that guy has a excellent idea

------------------

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Sorry Kamekazi.. [​IMG]

anyways, couldn't Vash technically use his arms for arms purpose without using them as weapons? the mental picture is quite hilarious..

[This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 11-15-2001).]

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, let's compromise. If Vash's arms are not entirely classified as "arms" (Pun intended, I mean weapons here...) he can keep them...just without any ammunition or whatnot...

BakaMattSu, somebody could have told me his arms were "arms" sooner.... [​IMG]

11. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

i though they were arms from the start hehe

------------------

12. That guy!

Okay, thanks! It'd be hard to do anything without arms, especially Sumo [​IMG]

So did the round begin again when Iwanbo posted last?

13. That guy!

Sorry for double posting, but I just found out that his arms were 'arms'(gomen-nasai). His right arm is not mechanical or anything, it's actually attached to him. I think it's more of a magical weapon, which you did say we could use magic.

*sorry to spoil it!!*
    But this arm is what caused the destruction of all those towns, making Vash known as the Humanoid Typhoon.
    */sorry to spoil it*

Actually for more info about my character, which everyone who is playing should know. Go to http://www.darkmount.com/trigun/vash.html .

Should we all not tell each other our characters background in the out of game section? I know this may be spoiling it, but this is better than having everyone watch the entire anime's so they know what a character is talking about.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-15-2001).]

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol.. the concept of 'Sumo' just hit me with the needing arms remark. So I'll cough cough try to play fair.

Anyways, That Guy! suggested I type a quick background of Sizer.
    *spoiler*
    She is one of the 4 Demon Kings, The Phoenix King who commands her troop of Valkyries as well as these bird dudes and all a bunch of flying ships.
    She is the daughter of King Chestra, the powerful demon king, and inherited his angel looking half.
    Yet, she is a powerful demon too, for example, in the manga Vocal possessed her body to wreak destruction upon many a place and people and when a demon uses overwhelming power, they lose pieces of themselves, and Sizer lost an arm and a leg but regained them back later.
    She is a bada$$ with a huge scythe(the scythe has her name on it)
    She is a very talented flutist and as well can bring forth magical music.
    She is full of anger, seeks revenge and is highly intelligent.

Well, thats all I can think of for now.

15. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Alrighty, Ebismaru, also known as Ebisu, is, for the purposes of this game, from the Ganbare Goemon video games on the N64. I haven't seen the anime or read the manga, so I can't do too much there. He fights with a hammer, and is obsessed with food. He dances and poses a lot, and likes to hit on girls and takes pictures of them with a magical camera that makes ghosts visible (which is technically also a weapon, by the way). Ebismaru knows how to play the flute as well, as it turns out, but he is out-of-practice because the magical Dragon Flute he wanted was given to Yae, one of his allies, instead of to him, in spite of his insistance that he could play it better.
    Ebismaru is one of the four members of Goemon's team, along with the pineapple-haired ninja, Yae the ninja secret agent, and the dimunitive robot Sasuke. He also has a magical power called Mini-Ebisu, which allows him to shrink himself down to an incredibly small size, as long as he has room to make the pose involved in invoking the power.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I should say my character wears pants. Not much to see [​IMG]

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oh, just to comment for any confused players... the current round just started with Zanshi's post... remember, one post per round! The next round begins when everyone's had a chance to post (and yes, eliminated characters don't count... sorry guys [​IMG])

BakaMattSu, "Oh Wise GM"...

18. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

More like "oh wise Game-sama", given the nature of this RPG.
    Gee, starting the round, quite an honour [​IMG] (just kidding; I'm sure it's no biggie).

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

19. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Gomen, all, I'm going to be away from the computer until Saturday night due to family/friend commitments for the long weekend.

o_O;;;;

Nani?! That means I have a life.... wow.

Anyway, if you guys need to auto Hanagata while I'm gone, feel free to do so. He's currently cowering in a litte corner of the roof.

~ Lady Aoi; Turkeeeey!

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I object! You can't have a life...! [​IMG]

BakaMattSu, it's not fair for anyone to have ne when he doesn't...!

[Edit: k, Hana'll be last active member for each round, and I'll assume responsibility for him in your absence...]

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 11-21-2001).]