Video Games Anime Influenced Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Teddz, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Anime has been spread widely this years...so basically why not couting up all the anime influenced games that have been realised?

I will start with an oldie: Shogo: Armored Division. It's actually the first "Anime" based game I have played. Giant Mechas, Anime influecened charatchers...you name it.

Another one is Oni. It's pretty neat done, and kinda reminds of Ghost in the Shell (Andriod thingys) but the gameplay is too..repeptive.

I guess, you can count all the Street Fighter Games and all the Beat'em'up as anime influecened.

Anyone got more ?

- T

2. darkFighter

darkFighter New Member

Spoilers, some, i think?

akira. and ff7. im sorry, but some scenes seemed really similar. like, the bike battle in the beginning with the clowns. is the bike battle in midgar with ff7.
    and that big chamber thing akira was in. that looked SO like the mako reactor in nibleheim.
    thats all i can think of.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Fear Effect and its sequel (aptly named Fear Effect 2) was an anime-influenced game. Character designes were obviously drawn from a japanese artist's standpoint/nightmare. And the storyline was something you'd see off of the Ring or some other dark anime.

Megaman/Rockman games, in particular, have always had the blend of game/anime to me. You'd see him weak at first, then he'd grow gradually stronger as the game progresses. He wears a suit of armor, shoots lasers, etc. ALSO, lets not forget his fouding rivalry/partnership with Zero, Blues/Protoman, and Bass. Then, the story finds another season, where Wily mysteriously escapes to, and the process starts all over again. In fact, so anime like this series is, that they made a .exe show, as should be known.

Murakumo, as crappy as the game is, is anime based. Giant flying mecha, flying over a city-scape with multitudes of lasers and such.

Almost any nihon-based game can be seen as anime-influenced or vice versa though, Teddz. Perhaps you clarify a bit more in detail?

Or maybe I should read your post more carefully. Either way, I'll check again later. *winku* <3

4. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I could write a book on anime influenced games but instead I've composed a list:

Z.O.E (Zone of the Enders)
    Orphen scion of sorcery
    Ace Combat Distant thunder
    Dead or Alive 1-2
    Final Fantasy 1-12
    Metal gear solid (although it's not completley influenced)
    Guilty Gear X 1-2
    Dragonball Z Budokai 1-2

And I did know alot more I forgot them I guess.
    There you go anime influenced games :anime: :bleed: :sweat: :glazed:

5. jindo

jindo New Member

I remember my first anime-influenced game was Macross for the SFC. Now I buy so much ultra hard to find anime games for various consoles. :anime:

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Jupiter Effect Influx, a mod for Unreal Tournament 2003. You play as giant robots with big guns and missiles, and can transform into jets to fly about. Macross inspired and rather fun. I hope they keep working on it.

** JEI Gameplay Video **