Anime Network On Demand

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Sorry about no G-Force, Dirk. Just out of curiosity, is Battle of the Planets available, or is that over the ratings cap?

Some day, Dirk...

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I'm 100% certain that BotP isn't over the ratings cap Mark. After all, it did receive a "TV-Y7" back when it was airing on Boomerang. G-Force also received a Y7 during its short return to Cartoon Network in 2000. Upon checking AN's On-Demand lineup for the various cable providers, some of them have BotP on their lineup. I also see that AN has sort of modified its On-Demand plan for some cable providers. There's a free version of their VOD service that has a ratings cap or a limited selection of programming, and then there's a subscription version that possibly has more risque programming and a larger selection. The fee is less or around $10 a month. Time Warner doesn't have a subscription version, only a free one.

Back around August I heard elsewhere that ADV's "Gatchaman" was gonna start making inroads into AN's VOD & linear channels, but from checking the schedules & message boards nothing has come of it yet, and BotP is still the only Gatchaman-related show currently airing on AN. And has been so ever since it debuted on their network last October.

I'll patiently wait & see if Time Warner is going to allow anything Gatchaman-related on their AN lineup in the future.

BTW, ADV's Gatchaman is rated "TV-PG V".

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Well, as of 2AM on 11/17 I have officially received "Anime Network On Demand".

As expected, the lineup is extremely miniscule. And no "Old-School" shows whatsoever. I hope that more patience on my part can be rewarded in the future............