Anime "Anime" that's not from Japan

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by femme_fatale, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Really? Is Code Lyoko French? I never knew that. Most of the anime on CN is from Japan I think. Like One Piece, Naruto, Inu-Yasha, etc.

2. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Yeah, Canal J is a french company, and the fan site is all in french. I'm fine, though, 'cause I speak it, for all you non-bilinguals out there.

3. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

You kinda can tell that Code Lyoko is not American or Japanese, I didn't know it was French, well you learn something new everyday it seems.

4. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

There's alot of animes if you watch you can tell were not made in japan or such by just they way they're made. The two just named are real clear examples.

5. Julius II

Julius II New Member

I like Code Lyoko, Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack........it is kind of nice to see what other countries are making and seeing how Jap Anime has influenced them......but i have always loved cartoons from the classic road runner, tom and jerry to Scooby-doo. Yet to say those classics were my gateway "drug" (for a lak of a better word) to anime......but if it wasn't for toonami and adult swim i would have never known about some of the anime that i have seen and never have serched for a good anime forum like this one.....but back to the topic hearing that Code Lyoko is french surprises me but when i think about it i can see it being spoken in french..yet they make a lot of references to anime. But hey with Anime as the lord and master of cartoons how can ya go wrong:p

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Hey, anime is here to stay (hey that rhymes). It's am ore serious side of animation, more realistic (at least some of the time) and with much deeper storylines. Of course, somethings in anime can't be done in live-action (sweat drops, bloody nose, chibi, etc.), but for the most part it's just plain better.

By the way, thanks to BJP for this, the most awesome of smileys: :bleed: Let the pervertedness commence.

7. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

To me this whole thing is like saying purple is a cheap immitation of red... when actually it is a mixture of blue and red.

8. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

such differences of opinion in this thread.
    i agree with some of the ppl on here tho, that it doesnt matter wat country draws/animates decents cartoons, whether its japanese/american/british/french/canadian, watever as long as its good, the japanese just tend to be better at it than every1 else.
    However if it was me i think its great some other countries are getting in on it, just for my pure love and respect of anime id love to draw and animate my own stories and i aint japanese.
    However for the ppl that are making them simply because anime style cartoons sell, thats completely out of order, shudnt use something simply because thats what sells, u shud animate this way because thats wat u want to do.