Movies another tim burton masterpiece??

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Chance, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ah, I suppose fans of Tim Burton will love this...
    Remember back in thre early 90's....There came out a quaint little movie called The Nightmare Before Christmas? Well, get ready for this one folks...Another stop motion film by burtons is comming out called Corpse Bride. And who does it star? Why, Johnny Depp....Of course~_~ God, the career of Depp has only been helped through his other appearences(or staring roles...) In burtons films. These now include Ed Wood, edward scissorhands and the remake of Willie Wokna and the Chocolate Factory. My, I think burton has created his own little geekdom....Maybe one day we'll all get in.

Lucky

2 people like this.
  2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Really? I havn't heard anything about Corpse Bride. Do you know what its about? Sounds neat.

I rather like Burton's films. I can't wait for the remake of Willie Wonka, I loved the old one, I think he will do a good job on it. Jonny Depp, I think is an excelent actor, in many great movies.

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oh, yes. I haven't heard much of this movie you speak of, but Im another who can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Good 'ol Jonny! Heh!

-KaiyonTormentor

4. Black Nyoko

Black Nyoko New Member

Oh yeah, Tim Burton is extremely wonderful at what he does.
    I have really been looking forward to the remake of Willa Wonka since last year.
    Recently I watched Big Fish, and that was really good.
    I mean the creativity and eloquence in that movie at the same time...Wow..that was a pretty amazing film to create.
    Anyways I am looking forward to Corpse Bride and if you have not seen Big Fish, I recommend it.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Let's see if Burton can make up for his Planet of the Apes remake with the Charlie remake.

As for this stop motion, I'm sure it'll be good.

Still, I never did forgive him for PotA...

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Awesome, I loved the Nightmare before Christmas ^^

Err, it will be out in October?? Thats far.. :/

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Ok, October in the States, April 2006 in Scandinavia :p

Let's hope Tim Burton makes another great movie, in the likes of "Big Fish" and "Nightmare before..." Although if I would say two works that I disliked by Tim Burton, it has to be "Sleepy Hollow" and "Planet of the Apes". I never really enjoyed them, let's hope he learned from his mistakes :)

- Teddz

9. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Yeah corpse bride looks awsome

There was some disention on the internet when the trailer was released, people saying that it was CGI and not claymation due to the high quality, but these are false. It's just that claymation has improved a lot in the last ten years.

It looks pretty sweet, and the vocal talent is superbe:

Helena Bonham Carter
    Johnny Depp
    and I believe Christopher Lee

Personally I'm pumped.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

For a corpse this girl isn't half bad.[​IMG]

11. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

And that was a nice way to proclaim necrophilia....Good job Neph.*winks and skips around, waiting for october to roll by*

12. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Oh, I love Johnny Depp. I love Tim Burton too for his excellence in making imaginative, gothic movies. With Johnny Depp in them. (And he used Ewan McGregor in Big Fish! Squeee!) Anyways, they're all good, and I'm so GLAD he's finally made a new animated film.
    The trailers for the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory remake with Johnny Depp! <3<3 He's so creepy and sexy! And the character in the Corpse Bride... looks like a frightened Johnny Depp.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The only Willy Wonka is Gene Wilder! :mad:

14. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

usually remakes just seem pointless. And when the original is a classic like this, I just don't know what goes through their minds. I heard that Roald Dahl didnt like Gene Wilder though, I don't know how you couldnt like him but there you go. Folks are weird.

Tiim Burton should stick to originals because originality is what he has going for him. I usually hate any musical type movie, but Nightmare broke that rule for me. The songs were pretty good, not too many of them, and didn't stop the story, they really added to it for a change. One of my favourite movies.

Yea Depp is my favourite actor, too. He can actually act and do different characters, like a real actor! Not like most hollywood (wood as in chair) actors who just play themselves over again. Christopher Lee said the same thing about Depp, so Im in good company ^_^ I also like Bruce Willis for some reason.

15. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I haven't heard of that movie Lucky. But I can wait till Charlie and The Chocolate Factory comes out. If I liked the original one then most likely I will like this one. Go Johnny!

16. chibineo

chibineo New Member

I just watched the trailor for the Corpse Bride and my god....^.^ I know Im gonna fall in love with that victor character! hes so cute! kinda looks like the human form of Jack the Skellington and at the same time looks alot like Jonny...wow i hope october comes quick

1 person likes this.
  17. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

you are so right. it comes out on october 21st I think. it looks really good (I hope it's a musical again) tim burton is good at mixing horror, comedy, romance and musical into one film, like tnbc and beatlejuice.

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

...It's already been out for a while, vonniesmile.

19. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

I know, I've seen it (twas very good) but I put up that post before it came out. (and I live in england so it probably came out later)

yay :catgirl: I'm so happy that it is a musical.

1 person likes this.
  20. Orion

Orion Gears

Why would it come out in England at a different time? That doesn't make a whole 'lotta sense to me... Anywho, I have yet to see it, maybe I'll catch it on DVD or somethin'.