Any thoughts of BotP #7

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Elvin Ruler, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

^_^ I'm almost afraid to ask because of a recent battle on another board, but any thoughts on the latest issue?
    Elvin

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Hi Elvin,

I'll finally be getting mine tomorrow, along with the crossover, and I have now wised up and opened a subscription at the shop so they'll pull them for me when they come in. (I get 10% off all purchases, too.) There used to be plenty BotP there when I arrived from work at 3:30, but now they sell out less then two hours after going on the shelf! This title is getting very popular.

When I read it, I'll come right here.

Mark

3. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

BotP comics

I think it's okay. I like that Zoltar is more vicious and evil in the comic. Frankly he fumbles a lot of his own plans in the t.v. series.Like when he overloaded the laser on the robot with 4 faces. I just want more fight scenes (ninja style) and more focus on G-Force. It seems we don't see much of them in action.

I will still buy every issue because I crave anything that deals with "my team". I expect differances,this is 2003 after all. The 80s is in the past. Change can be a good thing, I try to keep an open mind.

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well, I FINALLY got my hands on #7 today. Interesting that Jason is on the cover when he really didn't do much in the comic.

This was the first issue I've read knowing the title is cancelled, so it was a little sad to be one more closer to the end. But I think they're spending too much time on Tomak and his people. I, also, want them to focus more on G-Force.

I actually like how vicious Zoltar is being in this coming, and wish we could explore that more. Not much can be done in five more issues, but hopefully it could lead into some mini-series.

The art, again, is outstanding, staying true to the anime animation. That has been exceptional throughout this title.

The two-page spread where Zoltar grabs Anderson off the ground from his neck...excellent. I just stared at that for a couple of minutes. You could feel what a crazy lunatic this guy is, and feared for the safety of Anderson. Seeing how he ends up, one can only imagine the ordeal he want through.

Zoltar is becoming less and less like the Ridler and more and more like the Joker, who is an insane, vicious murderer.

Mark and Keyop are in big trouble!

Mark

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Whew, where to start.
    Well, on the cover, I think they're just doing one-shots of the characters, as many do not coincide with character content.

This comic, in my opinion, was done very well. The art and story-line are progressing nicely. Also, the characters are becoming better developed. Tomak is actually beginning to interest me. Of course, seeing as how other sci-fi's I'm interested in have aliens with glowing eyes, it was bound to happen. Zoltar is also becoming interesting--though the whole carving the name into Anderson's chest deal was slightly...disturbing? Something, anyways.

The cliffhangers in this series are beginning to kill me. Someone in production really has it in for Mark: exploding buildings, captured by mind-controlled citizens of a city he's trying to protect, etc. Poor guy.

Anyways, another month, another good comic. This one was actually one of the better ones. Really enjoyed it.
    Elvin