Anybody like Soujirou?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Kenshinfan, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

I think soujirou rocks he is awsome!!! He is my fav charecter!!:D :D any body eles like him?

2. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

That boy has the amazing skill,when he gets older i believe he could wipe the floor with kenshi.

3. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

:D i love soujirou!!

yea i belive you are right he would win against Kenshin no problem

4. Okita

Okita New Member

I do indeed like Soujirou, perhaps more because he's based off Okita Souji and even uses Okita's sword, the Kikuichi Norimune, in his second battle with Kenshin (which Kenshin ruins...:eek::anger: ). I'm not sure about this, but I think the only person stronger than Seta, if he had equal experience as him/her, is Hiko, who is more powerful than anybody/-thing. <--link

5. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

Yea i guess i like him because he can shut off all emotions...and Kenshin cant predict his moves(hehe)He is just an awsome charecter:D :)

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

he can use the skill Shukuchi because of what his adoptive family forced him to do when he was little, which was move 100 pound bags of rice from one barn to another...anyway...the point of Soujirous character is that yes in terms of speed there is someone more powerful but at the same time he wasnt really educated in the ways of a swordsmen at one point he points out he didnt know what Shukuchi was called until Shishio told him. True he is a natural at the sword but remember he breaks down because Kenshin is able to reach the core of his mind....and by digging through his past hes able to really find out what caused his emotions to not be there...so yes he has physical speed and in terms of the power he puts behinid his sword he can match Kenshin but in terms of his mental state he is quite unstable...

7. Christabel

Christabel New Member

He used to be mentally unstable when fighting under shishio but I think after his battle with Kenshin, he's realised the truth and is on the right path to recovery.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

yes but at the same time if Kenshin were to fight him again Kenshin would have the upperhand. because yes Soujirou is fast but its his lack of emotions that mae it immpossible for Kenshin to track him...because now that he has regained his emotional control Kenshin could attack him at the beggining of the battle with ken-ki. not to mention follow his movements by his battle aura...

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I like Soujiro. I don't show my feelings often and that makes me a bit of similiar to Soujiro. Soujiro's Shukuchi's pretty cool technique.

10. Okita

Okita New Member

If Kenshin and Soujirou fought again, and if Seta was in a stable mental condition, I don't think Kenshin'd have that much an upper hand. I doubt he'd be able to attack Seta with kenki, because Soujirou is faster and probably stronger than Kenshin, so Sou's kenki would be greater. I don't yet know how Kenshin defeats Seta, but I suspect that even if Kenshin could sense Seta's emotions and predict the attacks, it wouldn't be enough. Kenshin can apparently sense only the attacks he expects, such as when Jin'ei got him with a wakizachi strike and Hiko kicked him. So there are flaws in his predictions.

So from what I've seen, Kenshin would be able to detect Soujirou and use the Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki. Sou would have the Tenken, Shukuchi, and greater speed, strength, and stamina. But there could very well be flaws in my reasoning...especially since I haven't seen Seta's defeat yet :sweat:

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

its not so much that he can sense it rather he uses his knowledge as a swordsmen to predict his opponents moves ie. hes able to predict his opponents moves based on his stance and any knowledge he may know about the school. and as for Kenki its more experience that determinesthe strength as well as the fact...that Sou also doesn't know what ken ki really is...so i think in terms on skill Kenshin has more skill...but in raw speed Soujirou has him beat by a lot...in terms of experience Kenshin has way more...in terms of swordsmens intuition Kenshin has more...in terms of strengthi think Kenshin has more...so as a comparision i think Kenshin is the better swordsmen but Soujirou has better speed as well as reach with his sword. the actual name Shukuchi i think means "smaller earth" but im not totally sure...its called Shukuchi because of the fact that the distance between the opponent shrinks....hence the name Shukuchi...

12. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

i absolutely love Soujirou lol. Hes one of of my fav characters. And about the "fact" thathe could beat kenshin so easily. Thats heavily in question since he is so unstable in his emotions and in his mind. Kenshin has awesoem stability when it comes to pressure and combat. But Soujirou is so easily broken by his past at the moment that it would be ahrd for him to face kenshin again. The Shukuchi is amazing adn a main part of why i lvoe him so much. and he is amazing at Iaido. I love how his talent in swordsmanship comes naturally. He would be a good opponent for kenshin physically but mentally he would have to gain alot more strenght of mind if he hopes to ebat kenshin^_^

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

in the end he asked Kenshin if he was the one that was right but Kenshin said no...so Sou took the chance to wander for 10 years to find his own truth...random facts...

anyway...i think in reality he lost something when his emotions returned to him after fighting Kenshin...i mean that was one of the things that made his so strong against Kenshin...because he lacked emotions he lacked the "ki" for kenshin to sense so...kenshin couldnt follow his deadly fast speed...but when his emotions returned i think he lost that edge he over Kenshin...

14. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

most definately...the speed and the Iado did Soujirou no good after his emotions flooded his mind and his heart. He needed to take a journey to reflect and find himself adn sort out each emotion one by one. I am sure that when he comes back from the journey (if the series even went that far) he will be very stable and a great fighter. he has alot of potential and he woould prove to be a good opponent for kenshin. ufortunately we never get to find that out.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah...its also like well what if Hiko had actually gone and fought Shishio in place of Kenshin...you'll never find out but you wonder it about all the time...

16. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

Does anybody have the words to the theme song on RK?:D

17. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I don't like how he fights since Kenshin can't win (yet) but I feel sorry for him. If he had found a better friend than that burnt guy (Argh, forgot his name), then he would have turned out better)

Btw, is it still on Cartoon Network? I went to watch it Sat but they were passing something else. I was so mad. :mad:

18. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

The "burnt Guy" is Shishio..........Anyway It still comes on Cartoon Network it just comes on at 11:00pm :D

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

yep 11 Pm Saturday nights...

20. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Hey, it's 10 pm where I live, I preferred Runouni Kenshin on at 8:30, but it's fine now.:cool:

Attached Files: