Anybody like Soujirou?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Kenshinfan, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Yeah, I know Kenshin talks a lot , but that was how broke though Aoshi and Soujiro during his fights with them.:D

2. MiminoKitsune

MiminoKitsune New Member

I care not what anyone was says, the defeat by Kenshin was a fluke!!!!!! SOUJIRO SHOULD HAVE WON

3. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Kenshin broke through Soujiro's emotions during the fight, which caused Soujiro to break down.:D

4. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

yea Kenshin can talk alot in fact he could probably talk his way out of a locked room if he tried. ^_^x

5. Christabel

Christabel New Member

lol, that was really funny Kenshinfan, but really I think you may be right there. That guy just wouldn't quit.

6. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) I agree, Kenshin is like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps going and going. :D

Attached Files:

7. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

yea its like 40% of the time he doesnt fight he talks his way out of it.They just get bored and walk away :D

8. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:D How did you expect Kenshin getting through Soujiro and Aoshi? Most of it is psycalgical, but you're right that 40% is just talk.:cool:

9. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

Yea i think the show would be a little better if Kenshin Didnt talk so much.

10. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Do mean when Kenshin was in his Battousai mode? That I know that much.:cool:

11. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

no affense to anyone but i think Soujiro smiles too much and it scares me alittle, and i'm glad that Kenshin knocked some sense into him because i couldn't stand him saying 'those who are strong live and the weak die!' over and over i was beginning to say it in my sleep that's how much i heard it! it was like it was trying to hipnotize you! i'm sorry if i had hurt anyone but i had to but out my feelings. YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS YOU KNOW! :bleed2:

12. Christabel

Christabel New Member

I think Soujiro's smile was supposed to be a little scary coz he's a slick killer. Your'e right Chibi Sango, one can't run away from their own feelings forever, that's why Soujiro broke down eventually, and with a little help from Kenshin of course. :)

13. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Are you kidding!!!???!!!

I LOVE Seta Soujiro! He is my idol when I can't control my temper. I also adore him because his good looks and amazing skills. I just love the Shuntensatsu or his las an ultimate move "Heaven Intant Kill." :anime: :anime: :anime: :anime: :anime: :anime: But even once and a while I get creeped up about him smiling all the time, but I don't mind the fact that he killed his whole family.

14. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

I just find Soujiro to be sooooooooooo adorable, smiling hides his emotions, I like Soujiro. Seta Soujiro is based off of the Ichiban Tai Kumichou Okita Souji, no wonder Soujiro is soooooooooo adorable. :anime:

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

his childhood was the ultamite pain. his smile is what kept him from worse beatings...soon his face formed to smile all the time because it was his way of dealing with life.

now as for Okita Soushi he was much like Soujirou obviously being the base model for him. while his childhood is somewhat clouded his involvment with the Shinsengumi is very clear. His name originally was Soujirou but he changed it to Soushi. he entered the Tennen Rishin Ryuu Dojo under Kondo Isami at the age of 9. A prodigy at the sword he had obtained the Menkyo Kaiden* status by the age of 14. he was able to wield his katana the Kikuichimonji Norimune just as well as he was able to wield a bokken or shinai. He was said to be the most powerful member of the Shinsengumi using a technique called "the three step pierce" said to be aimed at the heart head and neck. its also possible that the stirkes were to both shoulders, thus disabling the opponents abilty to weild his sword correctly and the neck as a finishing blow. he was a generally happy man, that got along very well with children. he was supposedly a very handsome man and attracted ladies like moths to a flame. Unfortunetly he contracted Teberculosis** a disease that had no vaccination or cure then. he kept it a secret from the other members of the Shinsengumi. During the raid of the Ikedaya Inn he was considered in his prime. while most sword styles were meant to be used in a large open space the Tennen Rishin Ryuu was mostly a stabing style and was very effective in the narrow hallways of the Inn. His three step pierce became the most deadly sword stance of the whole battle. Near the end of the battle, however, Okita collapsed to the floor coughing up a shocking amount of blood. it was then that Saitou, and Nagakura Shimpachi found out. There were times when he was too sick to lead his squad and Nagakura would take over. after the Bakumatsu he was sent to a Teberculosis hospital in Edo. he died there at the age of 25.

*the Menkyo Kaiden status in any dojo means that the student has learned everything there is to teach including the schools ougi's and is now at the level where they could open there own Dojo if they wanted.
    **Teberculosis was then called Consumption and effected the lungs. being a swordsmen, probably worsened Okita's disease and the cold night air during the raid on the Ikedaya is probably what really started his downward slide.

16. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Oh.. I still like Soujiro and Okita. :anime:

17. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

That made me dizzy that it did. :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: I see pandas!

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

sorry >< ill try to tone it down...

19. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

That's ok i was just trying to be funny. I think you made a nice explaination of him. ^_^v

20. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

Hey, does anyone find Seta Soujiro just adorable?! I like Soujiro, I like Okita, too!! :D :sweat2: