Square Enix Anyone else disappointed by FFX-2's plot? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by femme_fatale, Dec 15, 2003.

1. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I just beat the game today, and I have to say that although it was a great game otherwise, the story was a bit of a disappointment. The whole search for "that person" ended up hardly being covered at all... and there were so many things that weren't fleshed out as well as I would have liked. For example:

How is is possible that Tidus is alive at the end? I know that the end of X sort of hints at this (the very end with Tidus in the water), but there was no explanation whatsoever for his appearance or where he had been. How did he just end up in Spira again and WHAT was he doing for two years? Then again, I could have missed a lot of hints about this from X on my part, since it's been ages since I played X (please tell me if I did :) ). The Shuyin/Lenne plotline could have been fleshed out a LOT more, along with the background on Vegnagun... I definitely wanted to know more. Heck, at this rate I think SE could make ANOTHER sequel with all the stuff they didn't explore in depth.

I can understand that sometimes it's better if some parts of a story are left unresolved or unexplored, but did anyone else think that a lot more could have been done with what Square Enix had to work with?

2. korimon

korimon New Member

some whole should just never close i mean this is the first time they did a seqeul to any FF game hey they tried :sweat:

3. Amon

Amon New Member

It was decent for their first attempt at a true sequel to a previous Final Fantasy; at least they chose to do it to a decent Final Fantasy as opposed to one like VIII or IX, ya'? Anyways... yeah.

4. ~~Sion~~

~~Sion~~ New Member

i dont no if this is ture but my freind said there are 2 endings to the game...that all he told me so far since he also got the game and read about it to. I need to ask him about it, so if its true ill tell ya more about it

5. Sakura

Sakura New Member

I believe that Tidus is brought up again as a dream. Some sort of hint like that is said during the Perfect Ending. Well, that's how I saw it. How he's there at the end of X was werid, but it made more sense in X-2. I thought the Lenne/Shuyin plot was okay. I knew enough about them, and how Vegnagun was invovled. I also heard rumours about X-3, this being Rikku's story.

6. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

there are 3 endings to the game so it depends on which one you saw.

the common ending is when you don't get 100% and do nothing at the end.

the good ending is when you press X during the ending and choose yes.

the perfect ending is getting 100% and pressing X and choosing yes at the end.

it all depends on which ending you got.