Anyone Get the DVDs?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Oct 23, 2001.

1. The Larch

The Larch Guest

Oh definitely, BOTP is my favorite, although the original Gatchaman is *better*, if that makes sense. [​IMG] All the voices and especially the music on BOTP just takes me right back to my childhood. Can't wait for the next volumes! I hope they're selling well.

[This message has been edited by The Larch (edited 12-15-2001).]

2. shinri

shinri Guest

I heard that volumes 3&4 are due out in Jan. of 2002, and that 5&6 in Mar. of next year. They must be selling well if these numbers are any indication. Yay, and I hope this keeps up!

3. kyosuke75

kyosuke75 Guest

I think the dvd's are great. The gatchaman eps are really cool and look almost as good as the Japanese Region 2 dvd's. I only own one of them since they are expensive and no english subs... I am just going to buy the BOTP's and hope they still keep on doing the gatchaman eps since they are better in my opinion.

Kyosuke75

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I liked the Gatch episodes, pity that they were taken from some kind of tapes though as the picture jumped every now and again.

Great to see the original at last!

5. kyosuke75

kyosuke75 Guest

Cloud,

Yeah I did notice some "jumping" during some eps but I can't complain since they look way better than videotape. I do have one Region 2 Gatchaman dvd and its not much better than the BOTP dvd in my opinion.

I'm sure the quality will get better as time passes.

I wonder who their DVD authoring company is that did the first 2 dvd's?

Did they get the source straight from Tatsunoko?

Kyosuke75