Music Anyone like Jazz/Acid Jazz

Discussion in 'Music' started by Okami, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Okami

Okami New Member

just to tell u most of the Cowboy Bebop music is Acid Jazz

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Why,yes!I LOVE Jazz!

3. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

Heh,

ALL HAIL THE BARI SAX GOD!!!!

--that's me, if you didn't get it--

I'm in a combo that has a total of 8 saxes, but i'm the only bari. We have a huge section feature in one of our songs, and I'm the only one heard. (this means that even if only the drums, one of our trumpets, and I showed, there'd be no difference in volume :D)

It's not that I'm too loud, they're just too darn quiet.

4. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

I'm not too specific with types of jazz, don't know the difference for most, but I would have to say that Dixieland is one of my favorites (if you have ever seen a New Orleans Dixieland funeral, it never seems like the appropriate music).
    As for acid jazz, it would have to be the black sheep of the jazz family. From what I have heard its more of a "here-and-there", erratic, and completely random melody with a recurring background. Unlike improv, the lead usually doesn't follow an archetype of melody. I THINK that is what acid jazz is. It reminds me of a beatnik poem: it's not that enjoyable to listen to, and its hard to find what the emotion of any particular piece is.

5. Cunning Servant

The only thing I don't like about Dixieland is that it usually plays upbeat, joyous songs. It gets a little redundant afterwards, but if you don't listen to it too often, you should be fine.(as I was saying before, they play these upbeat songs EVEN in funerals, strange really)

6. Cunning Servant

I just see a fat guy with a taxi cab hat on, playing a huge sousaphone. I guess that would be that same effect as betty boop meheh!

7. blackmind

blackmind New Member

yea i do its great especially if it goes to something as good as Cowboy Bebop it fit it so well....

8. NoDa

NoDa New Member

YAY!!! Thank you!!! I felt that i was boy for a sec, cause every person i met on the net played alto... and they were all guys. I hail to you!!! :p I play a tenor and sometimes the bari.

i love Jazz! I even got my band teacher to let us play tank for Jazz band!

Jazz is the second thing i listen to after J-pop

Exiztone: Acid Jazz is kindda like a mix of jazz, funk, salsa, brazilian music, hip hop dance and African music. Kindda when you listen to Mushroom Hunting from cowboy bebop. I really don't care for it. I actually don't like it, but my dad and teachers expect me to know it

9. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Jazz is great. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Brubeck, John McLaughlin, John Zorn, Duke Ellington...It's all great. Davis' "*****es Brew" is a classic.

Acid Jazz is good too, like Medeski Martin and Wood, Jamiroqaui, Deep Bananna Blackout, Galaxy. It's so funky.

10. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Oh yes! Jazz is beautiful. Its not something I'd listen to on headphones, but I enjoy putting on the Jazz station to sleep and I play the sax as well. I like all kinds, even the funky scat ones in it, baby.

11. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

i belong to the school jazz choir!