Debate Apples vs Oranges.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nephilim_X, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

:D Snap to it, folks!

Personally, I say apples. No pulp in the juice, no peel, we can make pies with apples!

2. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Oranges because they are so juicy and because orange juice is the best. yum tropicana.

3. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

How about mixing both oranges with apples? I did it, I think it tastes good, so why not try? Also, I pick oranges, they full of juice, and tastes really good.:D

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Bananas, baby. Bananas all the way. Oooo, yeah, gotta love them nice, long ones.... anyways...

Well since you people SUCK and didn't include bananas, I'd have to say... hmm... tie. Apples are nice and ready to bite into, but oranges taste a bit better to me. As far as juice, I dun know why but I don't really like apple juice. But orange juice > *

5. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

They are both good,but:

I would have to lean towards apples.They don't leave nasty phlegm behind like Oranges.:p

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I'll have you know I ported this debate over from Spacebattles, and if you think I am good in a debate, then quite a large chunk of SB is your diety of choice!

Besides, bananas will be extinct in about a decade. Sucks to be you, banana-lover!:p

7. Fushigi Rockna

._____. I am curious as to the true nature of this thread...

i don't like pealing oranges. I prefer apples. Tho, roange juice rulez all.

8. Quistis

Quistis New Member

APPLES!

lol mostly b/c they make good pie :p
    I also like em b/c there shinny :dizzy2: :D

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

oranges, as i am a citrus person and appreciate the health benifits from oranges. not saying you don't get any from apples, i just like what i get from oranges more. and well, oranges don't go funny if you don't eat the entire thing in 5 minutes. nothing like starting an apple, and having it get that funny dark tan color by the time you loop back to where you started...

10. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I like apples better. To me, they taste better. You can make pies with apples, apple juice is better than orange juice.

Or when you start peeling an orange and you find out it's all squished ....

11. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

or when you start nibbling on a banana and feel funny.. down there

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I think people are ignoring the biblical rammifications of this topic. Was it not the apple that the Serpent used to tempt Eve? To these ends, I shall follow the course of the apple, because I'm a big fan of Satan and his works. Or figs. God hates figs.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No. It wasn't. They only say "fruit" in the Bible, the apple has simply become a commonplace symbol for that.

And to counter that, though it didn't ever really happen, its always an apple hitting Newton in the head that represents him coming up with gravity.:p

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I thought that had to do with that story of "the sky is falling" and that chicken going berserk over it.

I like oranges. I just prefer juicy stuff over the stuff that can get stuck in your teeth (apple peel). Go ahead and take that like the comment about bananas. I don’t care. :p

I say oranges enough said.

15. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, that's true. Gets kinda yucky, but it's a popular home remedy for diarrhea (eating the browned up apple). Otherwise, just eat the apple really fast! On the other hand, orange juice is choke popular compared to that apple juice shnazz.

Although you can make apple pie with apples... you can make orange-chicken with oranges! Haha! A meaty main dish always beats any dessert when it comes to my appetite. :D

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The Pome Dynasty will never fall to the cursed Citrus Imperium!:p

17. Fushigi Rockna

Because oranges aren't as hard as apples, I think he would've ignored an orange falling on his head but immediatly gte pissed if a apple hit him :D
    Maybe it was a plum that hit Newton, kekeke...

18. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i got one word for that mordeth and thats "sick" lol
    is that all you guys think about ? ( notice i said guys ):cool:

anyway
    apples win my vote i don't eat apple pie tho but i like plain apples

19. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Oh I like oranges... but not eating them. You know why? because you get all that orange skin threads stuck between your teeth, and one cannot use a toothpick in public when such events happen. Therefore, this is where the word 'Tropicana' 100% pure squeezed orange juice comes in.

As fruits are concerned apples is my most commonly rationed after-meal refresher.

20. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

100% VIT C FAN!
    I'm with the orange. I did choke once. But in kindergarden, I was in the Orange group. Back then, I used to say in Arabic (Bo-ku-tal) which is a cute childish way to say orange. The right way is (Bur-tu-kal). and I have many photographs of me eating an orange.
    BTW I don't peel oranges, I just cut em into 1/4 and suck it :sweat: (like a parasite or vampire lol) ...