April Fools!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Zanza, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

What happend so that this day was called April Fools? Who started it anyway?

Yeah, this will sound so friggin corny, so watch out..

What is the purpose of this day? Lie to your friends and make them miserable and you suddenly scream out "April Fools! I was just messing with you!"? Expecting them to be all ok and forgive you instantly?
    Emotional scars are never healed (or may take long time to do so), at least for sensitive people (like me).

I am not saying that I fell for something, well, at least no yet, but I think I am. I got hung in between and left to wonder. I am a nice person, I try as hard as I can to not hurt people. Unless I had to. Is that what I recieve from doing that?

I stopped believing in karma long time ago.

Bottom line, lie as much as you want for April Fools as long as it doesn't hurt people, else it's not freaking funny.

On a side note, I finally got my carpet and curtains done for my room. I love the color of my room even though they messed it up (we have people coming to paint). The carpet is perfect so far. The curtains, well, are messed up that I'd probably hate seeing them ever again.. its a long story, might tell it when I have the time to.

2. Oh it's funny..it's funny when you set up the most perfect prank...that's wheret the humor is at the hard work and the calulating also who says it has to be on a friend..DO IT ON A ENEMY XD

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

If you've seen American Pie Presents:Band Camp, you'd get the following:

*guy puts on 'sun lotion*
    Stiffler:Haa!! You just put on Stiffmeister's extraordinare, SPF:60!

XD

-Seishin

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Pranks should be harmless and in the right spirit. 'Harmless' is a relative term, and changes depending on the person and recent events in thier life. There's a lot of 'harmless' pranks that I would play on my co-workers that I would never play on my mom and vice versa. Everyonce and a while a bad prank gets in there, but that's to be expected. Sometimes you just have to take them as you get them and see the good intent behind them.

~W

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

April Fools actually has its origins in early Pagan ritual. The Christians changed their calendar and ridiculed those who didn't, which likely lead to pranks being played on them and eventually spreading... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools