Comics Archie Comics: Betty or Veronica

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by *Fabee*, Oct 22, 2002.

?

Betty or Veronica?

1. Betty

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Veronica

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No one!!

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Lol ... I was just wondering, to whom ever have read the Archie comics: Archie is better off with Betty or Veronica?

I say Betty because of her kind heart ^_^

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I have to say no one because its been so long since i read that comic i cant remember who is cooler..

KaME

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

they're both little tramps. i can see em working for a madam easy. hehe and well, images from the comic, cherry, keep coming to mind(hehe a word play). he should brib the idiot in the crown with some food and run off with him...or reggie...lol

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Jughead should just get all the girls! Is there even still a Jughead? *sigh* Back in the day....:p

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

that's his name...i haven't read it in years and years...annoyed me too much.

and well, with a name like jughead, maybe his door swings both ways? he can always make archie his bit**h. hehe i'd still laugh.

6. Odin

Odin Member

I haven't read Archie comics in a while (though I read stacks and stacks of them from old issues my relatives saved up and passed on to me) . . . but of what I've seen on the newstand, Jughead's still around.

If I was Archie, I would probably choose Betty. There were often times when I felt Veronica was a bit too spoiled . . . but then again, I think overall both of the girls would still be good for Archie. After all, even he can't seem to choose between them!
    -Odin

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Actually theres been several instances of Jughead suddenly becoming very attractive to multiple women at once... there was one story where a bunch of girls were talking about how Jughead helped them, or how Jughead had power, or how Jughead thrashed the mainstream conventions and went his own way, and at the end of the story they were all over him.

Anyway, as for Betty and Veronica, Betty is attractive, and sweet, and kind, and everything, so personally, if I was going to have a long term thing with one of them, Betty.

However I do have to add that Veronica knows how to hustle her bustle. Why else would Archie go for a woman who treats him so horribly?

Besides, we've all seen the picture of Veronica in a kimono... :D

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Oh, we can't forget Cheryl, the red-head either!

I have to admit I know next to nothing about her because I stopped reading before she become a main character, but I'm guessing she gives Archie an amount of good treatment (though not as much as Betty) but still has that lustier sex appeal factor.

So basically we have a spectrum.

Beautiful and Kind---------------------------------------Sexy and *****y
    |__________________________|______________________|
    Betty____________________Cheryl________________Veronica

Anyway Archie is best off with Betty.... Veronica is most likely to ***** and cheat if Archie doesnt please her.... once again Cheryl is still unknown to me but Im betting he gets tired of sweet and sour treatment...

9. LegendarySpider

LegendarySpider New Member

This is like the 'Mary-Ann or Ginger?' question, isn't it? ^_^ I always liked Betty more than Veronica....hey, how is it that there wasn't a great variety for the girls to choose from? I mean, Archie or Jughead??? Think about it...Archie even had that old Cyndi Lauper hairstyle goin' for him...y'know...the one with the patchy sides?
    Someone say they remember Cyndi Lauper's hair back in the day.... ^_^;;

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Whenever a dileema, such as the lack of other women in the Archie Universe, arises in a comic that will never explain it, I like to examine it in a purely ludicrous manner.

Now, let us note a few things.

1) Everytime Archie has tried to start something with a new character, they tend to suddenly have some massive problem that prevents them from engaging in said relationship, and thus forcing him to give up on it. Don't believe me? One time Archie fell in love with a f*cking jogging ghost. After having a freaked out encounter like that *once*, I'd probably just stick with what I know, but it doesnt keep Archie from trying again every so often.

2) Through examing Archies varying clothes, slang, music of choice and such, he's been in school for at least 50 years. That, or Riverdale went through one hell of a lot of fads in a very short time frame. Thus we can assume Archie and company are extremely long lived. My guess is that the mentality is somewhat like that of an elf: Its ok to take my time with something, I have plenty of time for this.

3) Getting back to the point about varying culture, an examination of Little Archie comics would indicate that his early childhood seemed to take place in the early 90s. One time he was even shocked that Lil Reggie (for some reason everyone who was a kid in that particular series had Lil preceeding their name) used CDs instead of tapes. But, when Archie #1 came out, it was clearly set waaaaaaaaaay back, in the nifty fifties. And in todays comics, they've barely aged a day. Yet it is set TODAY. Thus either Archie and company are so long lived they actually either...

a) somehow time-travelled back to the 50's and, in the interest of not creating a time travel paradox, decided mainly to stick to themselves. Actually this could also explain how LodgeCorp got so rich: manipulation of the stock market with pre-determined knowledge.
    b)Actually did start in one, linear time frame, and kept on living through at LEAST one dark age which ended up rebuilding into a society exactly like ours today, in which case, YES, they are extremely long lived, and Archie has probably gotten to know Betty and Veronica so well he doesn't wanna make the effort to go after someone new.

4) Now, the Archie-verse has already illustrated several bizarre occurances, from ghosts to werewolves to martians to the teenage mutant ninja turtles (Im not joking. I own the crossover issue. Nobody seems particularly shocked beyond "neato-keen! Lets get pizza."). So perhaps for a sense of normalcy Archie likes to stick with Betty and Veronica, or perhaps theres some massive infertility problem in Riverdale (which would explain why none of the teachers seems to have any family of any sort at all). This infertility problem means one of two things...
    a) B & V are fertile, and Archie is concerned about extending the Andrews Clan.
    b) B & V are infertile, and Archie is concerned about getting to makey the bam-bam without a care in the world.

5) Archie knows B & V are the only two women on Earth who don't seem to notice how often his car changes. Its always either a sleek, sports car or a crappy old jalopy so light it can actually gain altitude by filling flat tires with helium while carrying 4 men who weigh AT LEAST 500 pounds together, and thats a conservative calculation. Every other woman on Earth probably think Archie is too wild and unreliable, but this is a fallacy, I think. He hasn't changed his hairstyle, general clothing style, or even his high school and favorite restaurant in a span of time ranging from 50 years to several millenia. If you dont believe me on that last one, theres been at least one story taking place in the future where everyone is STILL a teenager.

6) The writers probably don't give a **** about anyone else and are probably afraid that breaking convention would incure a massive sales drop. It took us decades to get a third woman, Cheryl, and she isn't even a main character. Hell, MIDGE had more stories about her, and she has low enough standards to date the dumbest guy around. Ok, Im not being fair with that. It was revealed in the mid-90s that Moose actually has a learning disability. She just loves the dumb lunkhead for himself. Which probably makes her the best woman to marry, but no way is it gonna happen for poor old Archie. Archie's shackled to his choice of either a snotty little ***** or a perky, clingy, obsessive who takes her love of Archie to an extreme. Im serious, one time Betty actually had her walls done in Archie wallpaper. Of course, that design was gone later. Some people would chalk it up to lack of continuity. I chalk it up to her tearing it all done, mushing it up, and contributing to a paper and gum statue of Archie in her closet.

Look, if someones so obsessed with someone that they'll keep trying for that person for YEARS even when they continually get treated to an alternating pattern of crappiness and goodness, then I wouldn't be surprised if they took that worship to an extreme level.

Thats enough for now. Its three am and I've given you all enough laughs. Stay tuned for my analytive essay on Mr Weatherbee's coital relationships.

11. LegendarySpider

:dizzy2:
    Dude...I'll never look at an Archie comic the same way again.

12. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Betty, of course! Veronica is just too bratty and spoiled.

1 person likes this.
  13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Know what makes that essay even sweeter?

I haven't read an Archie comic in 6-8 years.

14. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

lmao

Nephilim: Must you make things so .........insanely twisted?? can't a person just read the happy little archie comic and let them go on their continuous journey to absolutely nowhere in peace?? But nooooo, u must point out the illogicalness of it all. If we were to do that to everything, do u realize what would happen? the world would come to a screaming halt and we'd all sit there and go.......HUH?!?! WHY ARE WE ALIVE??! I mean....have u ever thought about why in disney movies they're suddenly allowed to break out in song, and then everyone else joins in?? like, how do they ALL know the words? and how do they keep the same outfit that they wear EVERY DAY clean??!?! Alvin and the Chipmunks.....
    Giant chipmunks that can sing and talk, wear clothes,etc....and they seem to fit in FINE with the rest of the human race. Since when were mutated animals OKAY?? I wonder if they were genetically engineered.....Anyway, u get my point. And yet......I LOVED THAT!! I laughed me arse off. Wonderful essay. I look forward to more. Muhahaha. peace.

oh.....and Betty. Just because Veronica is dumb, rich, spoiled and good looking. Jealousy, the great motivator. ^_^

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i've often wondered why i'm alive...does that mean i'm a freak? lol
    betty is a control freak. veronica is a scampy ho. he should just go kill himself and be done withit....or submit to the life of the "single guy"

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Re: lmao

No, never. It's too much fun. ^_^

Oh, for another mini-essay like that, check the Misty's Song thread.

Theres another few mini-rants all about the site, including one about How Shinji Got Me In Trouble. He also got Izzy into trouble too. :)

No, I don't wonder why they break into song.

I'm wondering why the hell the animals are talking in the first place.

As for the Chipmunks, I guess they're genetically engineered, or mutants, or something, but thats not what concerns me. What gets me going is how incredibly odd-defying it is that there are three compatible Chipettes next door.

17. LegendarySpider

:sweat2:
    Hee hee hee....

18. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

lmao. Nephilim, I love you. I really do. U make me giggle. Muhaha.

19. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I chose Betty. True both are h0's....but Betty is sooo sweet. Veronica is a rich spoiled bratt. So my vote went to Betty. Havent read it in few years also..but when i last left off....Betty was the coolest. Reggie can have Veronica for all i care.... Betty and Archie forever!!!!!!

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

SCORE!
    *does a victory dance to the CKY/Jackass Party Boy song*