Psychology Are all fears connected to the fear of death?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paranoid Trooper, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Indeed all things are connected by pain as you all say, but think about this. If we didn't have pain, then what would we be? Without it we are nothing. Its what gives us flaws and makes us human. Fears may be from harm, but not all of them are from death. Arachnophobia is extended fear of spiders. So much fear, some think they kill you like *snap* this. But then you have the person just afraid of spiders and what do you have? He's just afraid. Like we could be afraid of needles, even if some are perfectly safe. No one likes to be poked by a needle and bleed. All fears are connected by pain, not death.
    But thats just me. Oh, and forgive me if It may look like I copied...but I just came up with this out of the blue, and its like 3 here so i didnt really read the last 3 pages. Heh!

-KaiyonTormentor

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i think that all fears are connected to pain rather than to death. im not afraid of death, but i am afraid of painful death.

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Excactly! Thats what Im saying. Subconsiously, everybody knows they die. But when they come face to face with the moment knowing they will die through pain, well, that's were our instincts start.
    Im just saying...pain is the only true fear there is.

-Kaiyon

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Now to get a bit 'eeew'-y

Well, what about people who are masochistic? They enjoy pain, (in a very, very wrong way) yet they still have fears. They're still afraid, aren't they?

You know, awhile back, after I watched the movie "Arachnophobia" I was afraid of spiders for quite some time. Even the little baby ones that are no bigger than a centimeter in size! :eek:

Heck, right after the movie ended, one of those little guys appeared on my carpet, across the room. I was like, "AHHHH!!! SPIDER!!!!" And jumped up on the sofa. Heck, I couldn't even bring myself to get it with the flyswatter. :blush2::eek:

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

You humans are just weird. There is people who is afraid of mice, people who like pain, others that are terribly afraid of death. Well, Kaiyon and Shinryu, how do you explain fear to clowns? or to doctors, etc.?

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Clowns - They're creepy looking. To small children, that grinning face can sometimes take on a demonic appearance. Especially with all those numerous colors. And more so, after the lights go off...

Doctors - Simply put, I think it's also an unconcious fear of pain. If you've ever seen that episode of DBZ, right after Vegeta was beaten, Goku was afraid of doctors, too. He was whining like a little baby.

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

:sigh: That is not what I actually asked, but...

my previous post was mostly because:

8. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I agree all fears are connected to death.

When you fear something, you just fear to your death, isnt it so? :)

9. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Not really...when someone wants to poke you with a needle and you're afraid, is the needle really going to kill you? Unless its like one of those alreay used vaccine needles. Then your at least in trouble.

- Kaiyon

10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

But that doesnt make you lessen your fear for needles. haha! :p

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Doesent mean you're afraid they'll kill you. You said that all fears are connected to the fear of death.

- Kaiyon

12. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

No, not all fears are connected with death. Some are, though you could take things and make it link to death in some way or an other, but that isn't the point.

I am afriad to get old, can't take care of my self, and forget things all the time. I am not afraid to get old because I am going to die. I worry about the after life of death, but I don't fear death itself.

Having the fear of dogs doesn't mean your afraid the dog with will kill you, maybe that the dog has rabies and you will have to get a serise of shot and your afraid of needles?

All reasonable fears have a meaning to them, but that is common sense. Not all of the fears have death as the main reason for that fear, it "could" be a reason for some, but not always is.

13. Prosper

Prosper New Member

You should read it with a deeper meaning context.

Kill can means torture. Not necessary death.

14. -Vicious-

-Vicious- New Member

the fear of death has nothing to do with other fears. i could fear my granparents house because there creepy but i really dont fear death.