Debate Are we alone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kain, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

No they didn't, it has been hypothesized that it might be there. The only "proof" that life is on any other planet is a chunk of meteorite that supposedly came from Mars that has an indentation that sorta kinda, if you look at it in the right light, like a bacteria.

2. Charlie

Charlie Guest

NASA reckons that Europa is like compacted water beneath it's surface.

3. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Sorry, if I was wrong. It was on the news a long time ago.

I just finished reading 2001 Space Odyssey. It explained the movie(which made little sense except for with HAL) a lot. I like to think that aliens would be like in that book.

They were kinda like guardians.

4. Charlie

Charlie Guest

That's a classic movie..."Daisy, daisy, give me your answer, do...I'm a...CrAZy....oh foR THe love Of YOOooooooo!"

5. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

Even if there was a race intelligent enough to master interstellar travel, they'd be smart enough never to come here. *dry laugh* So maybe we'll never know. It does make you wonder what will happen once we master it...I mean we're going to have to, to save ourselves when we destroy the planet and all.

*kitty*

6. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I think that that will happen thousands or hundreds of years later...so i dont have to worry about it.

Anywayz i dont get why people dont believe in ufos and aliens and stuff like that. I mean....there could be another galaxy positioned in the same spot as earth and with thier own sun meaning that there will be water and life....who knows maybe intelligent. But i mean theres more possibility in this than a unicorn appearing in my pink room ( i just made that up)

7. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i think that aliens are ssoooo scarry! i wouldnt wanna meet one, its interesting to meet them but i reckon i would have a heart attack or something. :sweat2:

8. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Well, look at it this way: space never ends. It's hard to fathom something that doesn't have a boundary, isn't it? In this case, there must be something out there, possibly in a another universe or so. Of course, we'll never know for sure as our space exploration hasn't gotten that advanced.
    I'm not the kind of person who thinks little green men exist, but I do know something must exist "out there" and who knows if we'll ever encounter it. Inteligent lifeforms? Maybe.
    Or maybe there's just some plants growing on vegetated planets unknown to us. Who knows.

If there's one planet like Earth, there's bound to be others- somewhere.

9. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Actually, that's debatable. Most astrophysicists believe it does - if it didn't, they reason that there would always be a star at every point in the sky, making it blindingly bright and impossible for life to exist due to the extreme heat. Because this doesn't happen, we've reasoned that the Universe is finite.

10. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I find this hard to believe. That if we were to smeday have the technology to fly to other parts of the universe, that we could end up one day reaching the edge of the universe were nothin else excits.

Maybe it's just me but i find that nearly impossable to believe.

11. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Well, it's not that we'd find an edge to the Universe; such an edge would exist outside our perception. Space-time, as we figure, curves in on itself, forming an enclosed Universe. Because of the way space-time is structured, if this were the case, if something were to set off from Earth and travel in only one direction for an incredibly long amount of time, they'd end up back at Earth. This is much like setting off on Earth, travelling in only one direction, and ending up where you started. Earth is finite, but there is no edge, get my drift?

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Oh right i get it. Cool.

I never thought of it like that. The universe is sort of like a planet of its own... so to speak.

13. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I believe in probebly too much, since I believe in aliens, but I believe that they wont come on earth since we humans pollute it, and they think that if we'd get on their planet, we'd pollute it too.

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

That's assuming that they live on a planet close to Terran norms; how do you know they wouldn't like the pollution? Theres no way to be sure of their biological specifics so trying to explain why they aren't making themselves visible based on their living habits is a tad iffy (sort of like how a tank is a tad noisy).