Yaoi and Yuri Are You a Yaoi Fan?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Migoto Neko, May 18, 2003.

1. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

Hm....Shonen-ai fangirl. I guess that suits me.

Usually you have to click on it, and if it doesn't work, close the window and click the link again. Quizilla is usually like that.

2. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I got "You just like quizzes."
    I'm not into yaoi or yuri that much.

3. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

hee hee i got yaoi fangirl! :catgirl:

4. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i got yaoi fangirl. WOOT!!!! well, i guess it's really obvious because i spend at least 10-12 hrs each day reading yaoi fanfiction.

it's starting to get VERY unhealthy for me...

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~! YAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~IIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! lol...

5. Ed&Ein

Ed&Ein New Member

well thats a first.. im a scary fan girl ^.^;

[​IMG]

6. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

About the yaoi...

I have read manga yaoi and yuri, I have seen it anime yaoi and yuri, I have seen several fanfics yaoi, and I have seen very few fanfic good yuri, I have seen novels yaoi and novels yuri, I have seen doujinshis yaoi/yaoi hentai and yuri/yuri hentai.

In conclusion I like a little, but I like more the yuri.

I don't find very convincing that two men are very affectionate and express their feelings in a similar way to a woman. The great majority of the men, even the gay, is not very romantic. Another thing that I don't like of the yaoi it is that the masculine characters look very feminine or androgynous. This is not observed in the characters yuri which look always as woman, even when in occasions they get dressed of man. I have never seen an popular anime yaoi where two muscular types are kissed or with beard or mustache.

The only time that I saw that was in a movie hentai yaoi, and I found a very grotesque scene, mainly for that was of violation and bondage. I prefer a scene strong yuri better between two girl with big chests, to a strong yaoi scene between two muscular guys.
    Personally I will seem more aesthetic a strong yuri scene, to a strong yaoi scene.

I don't like the hentai that explode to the girls with big chests, but I found more acceptable to see that, to that strong scene yaoi. I like scenes soft, the yaoi soft is acceptable for me the same as the yuri soft.

7. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

youkoso BJP Evaligan-san ^^

I would just like to make my opinion clear that, although in the west YAOI is the general term for gay manga/anime most manga/anime with male x male relations is not YAOI, which strictly speaking is a branch of it that fantasises male couplings from normal popular stories. yaoi often more explicitly erotic and often crosses over to ero/hentai.

But the mainstream fiction with gay relationships is more commonely called boyslove in Japan or BL, sometimes called june or shounen-ai (but that is another story), and josei-muke "women's oriented" is used a lot now in Japan. The important thing ,though is that BL (or what ever you want to call it) is actually aimed at Japanese girls and women, and more often done by women manga-ka. So it is not aimed at gay men...

My point in saying this is, actually agreeing with you that it is NOT very realistic when compared to how gay men relate in the west. Most Japanese know very little about this in fact, compared to people, say in the US, Europe, Australia, etc. But the BL world IS a fantasy world, created by the artists and fans (mostly women, remember). Its feminine type bishounen are idealised romantic young men that fullfil their romantic fantasies, about perhaps the way they wish men were more like. less aggressive, less frightening and sometimes very very young. This is why you rarely get muscle guys with beards and stuff ^^ This is very misunderstood in the west I think.

I think this possibly explains some of the problems you have with yaoi. But I think your post was very thoughtful, and I understand what you are saying. However I think any kind of story, straight, men x men, women x women, can be made gross with hentai. I dont think this has specificaly got to do yaoi, yuri, etc, being gay themed.

yoroshiku ne.

8. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

I am a yuri-fan but I like yaoi too

I don't want them to misinterpret me...
    I don't have anything against the yaoi, in fact I also like.
    I like the yaoi and the yuri in scenes soft, tender.

But that movie hentai yaoi that I saw was very dirty, I have also watched movies hentai very dirty yuri. I don't know who it can end up being dirtier, if a movie yaoi very hard, or a movie yuri same of hard.

In the one on the way to the perversion of the hentai, I ignore who could end up being more perverse of both. If the yaoi to the yuri, or the yuri to the yaoi. Up to now alone I have watched 3 movies hentai 100% yuri (without men), and 1 movie hentai yaoi. But with that movie that I saw... I stop myself to like the yaoi a little. Personally I saw the yaoi to see boys cute, and those boys I didn't find very cute...

This opinion is very personal. I don't want him to affect to the yaoi and the yuri that are not hentai. Maybe the movie that I saw was too strong, I ignore if movies exist this way in the yuri, but I imagine that yes, I Think that if both, the yaoi and the yuri compete each other, in hentai for the scene more hardcore (without tentacles and monsters), probably finish in tie.

In a movie or normal anime serie or soft hentai, both yaoi and yuri, they can win any of both. Both scenes can be beautiful, two boys being kissed or two girls being kissed. It seems very interesting a duel of love between two couples, a yaoi and the other yuri. Who could love more of the two couples. Who could express their feelings better of the two couples. Who would be kissed better of the two couples. :blush2:

1 person likes this.
  9. Envyrocks

Envyrocks New Member

U r a SCARY Yaoi fangirl.... that's wat it said... ^^

hehehehehe *clears throat* ahem... lol >_>

2 people like this.
  10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

well shoot..im a yuri fangirl.. like it said. Why did I even take the quiz?

11. Shinigami-Sama

Shinigami-Sama New Member

http://images.quizilla.com/A/Anamya/1044908615_wAnti-Yaoi.jpg]Most people don't like yaoi. I guess this is normal.[url="http://quizilla.com/users/Anamya/quizzes/Are%20you%20a%20yaoi%20fangirl%3F/] Are you a yaoi fangirl?
    brought to you by[/url]
    figured as much

12. Envyrocks

Envyrocks New Member

lol well Yuri is good 2.

13. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

You're a Yaoi fangirl.

That's right. I'm really into yaoi, and I'm fine with yuri too but I RARELY see anything yuri. The only yuri series I can think of is Utena. (Right?) And as for yaoi, yum... my favorite series would be Gravitation. But mostly I like slash yaoi XD fanart and fanfic and the like.

14. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

uh yeah i love it. ^_^all thanx to Kayasha !!

15. Evaligan

Evaligan New Member

Shoujo Kakumei Utena is a very very old. :cool:
    You need know new yuri. :p
    There are many series with contained yuri :shy3: . Like Kannaduki no Miko, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Steel Angel Kurumi Second Season, 2x2 Shinobuden, Re: Cutie Honey, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Mai Hime, Devilmand Lady, Onee-sama E, Alien 9, Uchuu no Stelvia, Kiddy Grade, Pretty Cure, Kokoro Toshokan, Seraphim Call, and many others.

16. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Update: I'm a Yaoi addict now.

17. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Whoa, whoa, whoa..Utena is one of the best Yuri series out there. And I know it's pretty old but that doesn't honestly matter. If a series is done well, it doesn't matter how old it is.

Gravitation is a fairly good series, though short anime wise. Tha manga is longer in a sense, but it didn't grab me the same..

I've seen quite a few shows that border yaoi/yuri but I have to say that's what makes alot of shows fun. ^_^

Shamanic Princess had a nice plot that danced the line as did Read Or Die [the OVA].

18. Fushigi Rockna

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? I never took this quiz!? D: For shame on me!

I got...

Yaoi fangirl. xD Like expected.

I actually wasn't sure if it would be yaoi fangirl or shounen-ai fangirl. At the moment I just own shouen-ai...*cough* >>;;