Music Are you Comfortably Numb or Buying the Stairway to Heaven?

Discussion in 'Music' started by artemis836, Mar 2, 2005.

?

Which is the greater band?

1. Led Zepplin

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Pink Floyd

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

My friend and I got into a heated discussion the other day over who was greater, Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin.

Personally I say the Pink, shine on you crazy diamond! Zepplin is good but just a bunch of guitar, Pink Floyds music has so much more to it.

And Dark Side of the Moon is a great album end of story

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Hurrr hay guys lets have a debate about an opinion!!!1

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

lol..*joins disscussion*
    Zep...simply and frankly, I think Zep-man is the best. Heh.

-KaiyonTormentor

4. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

hmmmm, pink or zed........zed. pink is just....not cool, alot of their songs i dont like

5. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Led Zepplin has the things that legends are made of thats why he is one hahah..Pink isn't that bad but i agree with KenshinX_Himura he just has a lot of songs that i just dont like.. So in my opion ITS ZEPPLIN all the way now lets get on that staircase to heaven :D

6. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

ALL right. I go with Pink Floyd. The only reason for that is that the song
    Another brick in the wall is the best song ever.And it's even better now that
    Korn remade it. I can't help it!!! I love Korn!!!!

Thanks Pink Floyd

7. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

*vomits*

The Korn version of that song was like my ears being raped.

I couldn't choose atwixt the two of them, they're both so good.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Led Zeplin.....^^

9. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I voted for Zep a long time ago but never got round to a post...

I agree what a few people said about Pink Floyd, I like some of their stuff ( not so much Brick in the Wall, i like older stuff) but way a lot of it it just to miserable to my likeing. But with Zeppelin I like just about everything on the 1st 5 albums. cant say that about many bands. i think also they have more personallity and style and each musician is individually special. Plus they just rock.

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

working in a music store, do you know how many people told me that version was good? i like korn and all, but when i heard it...-shudder-
    i'm also not a fan of lyric changing, no matter how little it is.

grew up with both, have no probs with both. i feel the same way about both. i likes em. if you go by my cds, i like pink floyd more, as i haven't gone out and bought any zeppelin yet(that's the proper spelling btw...i look it up regularly in a stupid program that won't find anything if it's spelled wrong...searching for rap therefore, sucks bad on it.)

both are great guitar bands (if you ignore the old old pink floyd stuff...it just scares me how much the old crap sucks). i'd gonna go pink floyd i think...as well...i like 2 full albums of theirs as opposed to i actually con't list a complete track list of zeppelin songs, though i know them, i just don't know names for alot.(other than you know, bigger ones...radio used to have "Zeptember" in which they'd make you want to go out and destroy everything about them through overplay)

2 people like this.
  11. Thosuvus

Thosuvus New Member

Led Zeppelin is greater, but....

Undoubtedly, Led Zeppelin are superior in musicianship and impact. They were more potent, majestic, and ****-rockin' cool than Pink Floyd by a landslide and their contribution to rock and roll is among the most substantial of any other act. But, Pink Floyd was a far more conceptual group, and their experimentations went beyond those of Led Zeppelin. Dark Side of the Moon is more important to modern music than any one of Led Zeppelin's albums. That doesn't change the fact that I listen to Led Zeppelin more and have always loved Led Zeppelin a lot more. It's difficult to compare the two. There's too much room between them. Pink Floyd pushed the envelope further. Led Zeppelin was simply greater. Supercool.

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Damn straight. Old Pink Floyd is just hippie bird music with some drums tossed in. It's really not indicative of thier newer stuff. Dark Side of the Moon is a staple of anyone's music collection and The Wall is another brilliant piece of art. I'm a huge fan of their live album P.U.L.S.E. The guitar solo in thier live version of Comfortably Numb blows anything by Led Zepplin out of the water. It still gives me shivers.

The Zepplin is awesome, but the Floyd is better.

~W

13. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Pink Floyd, didn't their greatest hits albulm just come out? Oh dear, need to pick it up. " We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control!" whoo now I can headbang to those slow lyrics!

14. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

...where we came in?
    Pink Floyds music is clever, but its just that. I dont dislike it, but it really is more like experimental music for facination purposes and vague thought provocation rather than being something you can tap your foot to and sing in the shower (which in my opinion is what actually makes good music). Led Zep are decent , but Stairway to Heaven is and always will be to damn long.
    So if I had to listen to either band, I'd plug my ears and pretend I was listening to Dr. Feelgood.
    Isn't this....