Art Art Forum and Gallery Behaviour/ Rules

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It has come to the attention of us mods, that this forum needs to have a few behaviours and rules set in place. This is due to a concern for artists and the chaos that can envelop this forum sometimes.

Here are the Art Forum Rules:
    • Don't bash your own artwork when you post it, please! We all know you worked hard on it.
    • Don't turn threads into your personal galleries, this is due to our concern, because it may fall into the abyss. Yet, on another note, don't clutter the art forum with your threads either. It may be best to post work in an already active thread.
    • Galleries will now be given based on art shown in the art forum and good member status. You can also request a gallery through a PM with your stated reasons for a gallery.
    • Comments can also be made in the galleries for artists to view, so please go take a trip to the galleries: its free, its fun! (and I don't react kindly to rude remarks!)
    • When you want to tell everyone of your new artwork, post it in the *Announcements New Artwork in Gallery* thread, which will be a sticky.
    • Due to the concern of spam, please keep your posted replies to people's artwork thoughtful and truly meaningful.
    • Do not post overly suggestive drawings in this Art Forum. If you are not sure, please present the work to one of the moderators and then place a warning in your thread title. When posting nudes, PM us and label a warning.

Here are the Gallery Rules:

These are the Rules for Galleries to prevent Abuse:
    • Be a member of Boards.jp for more than a month and have AT LEAST 75 unspammed posts.
    • No stick figures, as already stated, members will be given galleries based off of the art they show in the art forum. You can also request a gallery via PM.
    • Once you have a gallery, you have to continue posting in b.jp
    • If inactive for 5 months, YOUR gallery WILL be deleted.( this is connected to number 3 rule. Just be a frequent/contributing member of mangatoanime!)
    • In your galleries, please present a percentage of art done by you DRAWN AND/OR CG
    • You have the privilege of using ONLY 1 sig for banner purposes. ..remember, the gallery isn't your personal website for hosting.
    So those are the gallery rules for now, if a member does not adhere to these rules/criteria, it will result in the specific gallery to be frozen. If the matter is not cleared up, the gallery will be deleted.

And please! If someone has posted rude comments in your gallery, please let me know!

Regards,
    your Art Forum Moderators,
    SABERJ2X & Seraphim

Egao wasurenai yo, and have a great day!
    ( and please pm me if you have any concerns or questions)

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Ok to add to what Seraphim's list of do's and don't's. I have organized a list of examples of spam posts

1:
    If a post doesn’t have words in it, then it counts as spam

2:
    If a post has letters, but doesn’t form a word then it counts as spam

3:
    If you saw someone spamming, there is the 'Report this post to a moderator' at the bottom right of the spammer's post. Please use it to help the moderators.

4:
    If someone requested something, please post the drawing that the person requested for. If you said things such as:
    guess that it counts as spam.

5:
    If you drew something and got compliments about it. Please thank each person in one post and not over 5 ^_^;

That’s all for now

- S,T&S
    --Seraphim,Toomaa & Suzu

1 person likes this.
  3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Rules of Critique: May be Repetitive

When posting in threads:

1) Type something thoughtful of course.

2) Please leave positive (and negative) comments if possible.

3) When leaving negative comments, be sure to add a positive comment towards the end. (This way, a sense of being a colleague helping another colleague is felt. tbh it's true)

4) Make sure your criticism is constructive, i.e. give us reasons why something is not liked, AND what can be done to improve.

5) YET at the same time, I'll repeat again, find something POSITIVE about the artwork i.e. you see quite a change from one artwork to another, he/she as an artist has improved in these areas etc.

6) Keeping a healthy and active art community is key, I'm not asking you to refrain from what you truly want to say, we are all mature, learning artists here who await constructive criticism. I'm just asking for support in motivating artists to continue posting in a friendly environment.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

plagiarism

I seriously didn't think this had to be MENTIONED!

DON'T POST ART AND THEN CALL IT YOUR OWN! THIS IS A HORRIBLE FORM OF DECEPTION FOR YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS
    It's also unfortunate for the real artist who should be given the credit!
    Note: This Action will Result in a Banning from the Art Forum!

Don't even joke about stealing someone's else's work. This is the greatest art offence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.