Anime Ashen Victor - the manga =)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kiaikou, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

ASHEN VICTOR
    ...motorball diaries from the world of Battle Angel Alita...

story and art by YUKITO KISHIRO

mmmmmm, Kishiro...then we prolly expect some cyborgs jumpin arund beatin the crap out of each other, and some philophy and great art...

well, it has that, all of it. But no in the same way as BAA had.
    The story tells of the motorball player called Snev, also called the "crash king" who's since the accident of his debute race been crashing in every game. Mocked by his team mate and about to be droped by the team his about to give up, but by support from his best friend , the prostitute Bereta he regains the will to race and win...but inner deamons, team members aswell as other players, and it might seem the whole scrapyard against him, it just aint that easy...

What I really liked about this book was that u could see that it took place before the BAA books, the drawing style is a more dark one, and it leaves the book with a less modern look than the others. the story is also really good, as with his other books its not just action, its very deep and thoughttrough (uhm...well...is that a word?) story

rating: 93 %

(btw, I havent found any scans of it yet...o u'll just have to buy the book...I will put up an ftp with them as soon as I find them though..)

//Aldamel, wonderin' how u put in images...

[This message has been edited by Kiaikou (edited April 16, 2001).]