Attack of the Space Terrapin

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Although I've never read anything confirming this, the obvious differences between the very first Battle of the Planets episode and the rest lead me to believe this was a pilot created for approval. I knew the opening was different, and some of the voices are different, but last night I noticed the lack of Hoyt Curtin's score. Only the original Gatchaman music by Bob Sakuma is there. Sandy Frank probably waited until he got the approval to go with the series before getting Cutin to compose the score.

One of the reasons Cutin was called to compose more music is Frank wanted the areas with no music filled. It is very evident that there are many places in Attack of the Space Terrapin that lack music. But in the rest of the episodes, these places are filled with Cutin's music. In fact, in some places, his music replaced Sakuma's music and once in a while you can her both at the same time.

From comparing the credits from Attack of the Space Terrapin and other episodes, it looks like they dumped three voice actors and replaced them with Alan Dinehart, the voice director, who if I'm not mistaken provided the voices for Chief Anderson (not in the first episode) and Tiny (whose voice changed).

I can't believe there is a place to talk about this stuff!!!

[​IMG] Mark

------------------
    CHECK THIS OUT!!!

2. The Larch

The Larch Guest

Excellent research! [​IMG] I noticed the different opening/closing and that Tiny's voice was different, but missed the other stuff. I think I actually like the original opening/closing better.