attention all battle fans just in from SFE an important messages

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jul 2, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

Phil,

Here is likely what will happen with BATTLE.

BOOMERANG TV and Rhino will releasee and air the existing classic episodes of BATTLE, exactly as originally aired. Warner Home Video and THE CARTOON NETWORK will air the BATTLE features, which will use the video of the original episodes and others GATCHAMAN episodes never run in the US with new scripts and voices.

Phil

2. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the restored battle of the planets anther messages from SFE

Phil,

We are remastering using the original master video material.

Phil

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

When will we be able to see the new stuff on CN. Have they given any dates yet??

Vic

4. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

date

SFE did not say when the series would be on i would say either september or october

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Are these features on The Cartoon Network the whole 52 episode series originally planned, or just the eight features talked about earlier?

6. VM1070

Well, it looks like we will be able to see both BotP and Voltron this fall.

The Eighties are making a big come back.

Vic

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Yep, sounds like a new Voltron series is coming out in September or October. I'm also glad to hear the Vehical Voltron WILL make the comic book. They are well aware there are many VV fans out there.

I'm still confused about what's going on with the new Battle of the Planets series, though. It sounds like the 52-episode series is not happeneing...just the eight features.

Mark

8. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

we will just have to waite and see according to SFE it looks like they are going to air both new and old, it sound crazy but what can i tell you, as a matter of fact i got an email from SFE and it reads

We may use new CGI animation for Zark in the features.
    The masters are on DIGIBETA, so he new BATTLE should look great.

Phil

i wonder if they are going to use this same program format on the old original version since they are planning on airing it on bommerang, as long as they are doing it, they might as will try to operate on the old version as much as they can since it is trying to make a come come back, who knows. speaking of voltron i was reading on a web site that starting july 10, on toonami they are planning on running the voltron series on midnight run as well as other classic anime this is what i have read. i hope that they show show the other voltron with the vehical 15 pieces that looked cool.

9. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

question

question what exactly is DIGIBETA anyway just curiouse to no that's all

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I actually like Vehicle Voltron more than Lion Voltron.

So what is Toonami?

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

voltron

hey i was just thinking if voltron fought the other voltron who do you think would win? i think that the voltron with the 15 pieces would win because they are advance with every weapon, the lion version on has the spinning star and the blazing swords, while the other has the sword,the spinning lazer blades, the bolo whip and other stuff. i wonder in the lion version of voltron why did they take sfin out of the picture i think that it killed the show a little bite

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

voltron

why do you like the other voltron better then the lions

13. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

14. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

would somebody please tell me what exactly is DIGIBETA

15. VM1070

Digibeta

DIGITAL BETACAM

Digital Betacam (Digibeta) was launched by Sony in 1994. Since then it has achieved real success at the top-end of broadcast and commercial production, as a high quality digital alternative to 16mm and Super 16 film (Digital Cinematography) and has become the de-facto standard for quality TV production in most of the world. Despite the introduction of many other digital formats over recent years Digibeta still remains at the top of the quality ladder for standard definition video production.

Commercials, dramas and prestigious documentaries are all ideally suited to the high quality images produced by Sony's Digibeta camcorders. Production teams used to working on film feel at home with Digital Betacam, with its extensive range of film accessories available for the camcorders.

One advantage of Digital Betacam over film becomes apparent when shooting live or unpredictable events. With tape being significantly cheaper than film stock, the cameraman can afford to keep the camera rolling when it would be prohibitively costly to do so with film. This is an important consideration when shooting natural history or other real-life situations.

As a well established format the cost of using Digibeta has fallen over the years bringing Digibeta within the reach of smaller budget productions. The tapes can be used by most production companies and there is no shortage of hire equipment available. The range of accessories and add-ons is immense and most Cameramen and Production Crews are familiar with the equipment.

For the technically minded, Digibeta is a Digital format that uses mild 2:1 compression to record the full 4:2:2 component video signal on half inch tape. It has 4 digital audio channels (2 only on most cameras) as well as time code and cue tracks. Camera tapes run for up to 42 minutes and studio tapes run for up to 124 minutes.

Hope this helps Eagleclaw.

Vic

16. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

thank alot will the Digibeta work for the original battle sine it is also being aired

thanks alot for the insights on DIGIBETA SFE has said that they might use that on the new battle series, and since they are planning on airing the original version on boomerange, bad as the picture quailty is do you think that the likes of DIGIBETA will rejuvernate some life into the original version

17. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

i just cannot wait to battle again after years of waiting i hope it will look good