attention to all of the battle of the planets fans.

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jun 12, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

hey battle fans whats up, i have an important anoucement to make. i have just received an email from gatchafan2003 and on her web site is a battle of the planets petitions which she put together. i had already signed up for it and a couple of more people. she asked me to post the link to her web site on this page. if anyone wants to sign the petition please feel free too because i am quite sure that once a network like cartoonnetwork or mtv sees how many of us are intrested in seening our cartoon fly again that will put pressure on them to try to reconsider. besides this will give sandy frank entertainment a huge push a thousand signutures tells it all. for more info you would have to email gatchafan2003 and let her fill you in. good luck eagleclaw out. here is her link.

http://www.thePetitionSite.com/takeaction/182452260

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Honestly, I would rather see efforts concentrated on getting The Cartoon Network to air the new Battle of the Planets series. As I said on another board, having the original Battle of the Planets or G-Force: GOS airing at the same time that the new Battle of the Planets airs would be very confusing to people.

Besides, the 16mm film for Battle of the Planets is old, and the reception on TV would not be good. It would cost a lot of money to fix those films, and nobody would be willing to do that.

And I know I will probably offend a few folks, but I would rather pull out my fingernails with a pair of plyers than see G-Force: GOS on TV again!

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

hey mark whats up, i truly hope that cartoonnetwork is willing to show the knew version because they are not really into those type of cartoons anymore and according to sandy frank entertainment he told me that he met with the knew mangement of cartoonnetwork and the talking went well. lets just hope that they will do do it because cartoonnetwork rather spend money on the knew stuff rather then the old. on july 11 or 10 they are supposed to be having a knew toonima midnight run where they will be running voltron and other stuff. i agree with you. but you have to ask your self this simple question if cartoonnetwork will not accept the original what makes you think they are going to accept the knew version that it something to think about too later eagleclaw out

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well first off, I don't mean to be rude, but it's "new" and not "knew." I have a BA in English and I cannot see something like that without saying something, otherwise I will explode, and that would not be fun.

Now, I know for a fact that networks consider the original "Battle of the Planets" old. They are looking for something more modern and fresh. Not the animation, but the stories. Remember, the bottom line is what advertisers want and what they think people will watch more.

And as I said, the film for the original "Battle of the Planets" is physically old. Using it to make VHS and DVDs is one thing, but to send it out to networks and stations again is completely different.

Let's just hope we see "Battle of the Planets: The New Adventures of G-Force" soon! :)

Mark

5. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

a word from rhino

hey mark sorry for the spelling but i have recieved an email from dr. rhino and it clearly says

We have a BOTP boxed set tentatively scheduled for an August 9 release. Sign up for the Rhino Newsletter for all the latest Battle of the Planets updates:

To receive all the latest information on Rhino releases, sales, and contests, sign up for the Rhino Newletter at this link: http://www.rhino.com/fun/newsletter.html.

Dr. Rhino

i honestly thought that the box set was coming out this month later eaglecaw out

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Sounds like a mass mailing to me. I got the EXACT SAME e-mail from Dr. Rhino about 30 minutes ago!

7. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

rhino must be doing something with the original 85 episodes

hey mark dr. rhino must be doing something with the original 85 episodes for it to be released in two months, i guess eagleclaw out

8. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

what will happen with the old tapes of battle

hey mark whats up? hey i have a question for you, since sandy frank entertainment is close to getting the new adventures of battle of the planets on cartoonnetwork, what do you think they will do with the old original tapes that used to be shown on television? will they still be useful, thrown out or locked up somwhere in the archives eagle claw out

9. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Aside from letting Rhino use them for the DVD releases, they will most likely have them stored in the archives.

Mark

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

the role of zark

hey mark whats up, i hope you saw my previouse massages that i wanted you to see. speaking of the new series i wonder what role zark will play and i hope we wll get to see his counter part susan to see what she looks like. eagleclaw out

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

battle

i believe that cartoonnetwork might show the new series from the webistes that i have been reading it looks like the series is on the way i could be wrong later eagleclaw out

12. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

From what Sandy Frank has said, I don't think we will ever see the original BotP on TV again. But, there are good vivbes that the new show will indeed be on The Cartoon Network.

I also wonder how Zark will contribute to the new show. He will indeed be involved, but to what capacity is unclear. I would like to see Susan as well, and wonder if she will be the "S.U.S.A.N." computer seen in the comic book series.

Mark

13. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

how does she look in the comic

mark how does susan look in the comic book

14. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

straight from anime magazine

/18/03 Sandy Frank Ent. Forms New Company Around Battle of the Planets

New York-based Sandy Frank Ent. has established Battle of the Planets Inc., a wholly-owned company dedicated to furthering the Battle of the Planets brand worldwide. Sandy Frank will serve as chairman and Sandy Frank Ent. exec. VP Phil Oldham will head up the new company as president.

The Battle of the Planets series began as a spin-off of the legendary 1970s Japanese TV show Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. It continues to reign among the top animated properties worldwide. The U.S. release of the Battle of the Planets series recently premiered as the No.1 selling anime video in the country. Rhino Home Video announced plans for a major boxed set to launch this June.

The new company will serve to support development of television, feature film, publishing, home video, video game, merchandising and licensing efforts. In addition to Rhino Home Video, partners include Top Cow Comics, action figure producer Diamond Select and book publisher Simon & Schuster. Dynamic Forces will handle trading cards, lithographs, lunch boxes and T-shirts.