Manga Avatar the Last Airbender Manga?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Orion, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, I've seen a few covers for this manga, but I'm a few cents short on details. Anyone know if this is released or planning to be released? If it will be anytime soon, I gotta get my hands on a copy, I love the show on Nickelodean. Very good story and characters, what do you all say?

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I know that the DVD is being released January 31st (Volume One), but I've never heard anything of the Manga. In fact, I don't even think it should be a manga. But since it is, i'm taking my good guess that it's gonna be from left to right....

-Seishin

3. Orion

Orion Gears

It's in this one thing for my school. We have a book selling thing and they have a lot of books there, and I saw a picture of Aang. It said it was a manga, so I believed them. Heck, last time they had one of these, they were selling Yotsiba&! Vol. 1.

4. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Yeah I would get the manga, and vol.2 of the anime should come out march...It really is a great show so I would buy both the manga and anime:D

5. Orion

Orion Gears

I found out recently that it is published by Tokyopop, if it helps anyone find it. It has Aang on the cover with his glider, and the only place I've seen it is in the ad in that book selling thing catalog. I'll see if I can pick it up tomorrow.

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Woah. Avatar manga? I had no idea. I admit, it's a good show, but my impression was somewhat tainted by it being on Nickolodeon. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to it now.

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Will have to get this. I love the show. Is the manga as good as the show? Does is have less story arcs?

8. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I can't find the manga, but the anime is SWEET, especially since the new episode is going to show who is the new member to their team!!!

I can't wait till friday...*Goes and sits in front of the T.V till friday...:D

9. Fushigi Rockna

First of all, Avatar isn't an anime. It's a well done made-in-america-wanna-be-anime. Very well done. If the French company Marathon (creators of Totally Spies and Martin Mystery) took some notes from Nickolodeon, we wouldn't get such crap from them...

Secondly; chances are this isn't a manga, but a 'cine-manga' which is essentially just pictures form the show pasted together along with a script. TokyoPop makes Cine-manga of everything, Lizzie McGuire, Kim possible, Power Rangers, Jimmy neutron (which is a Nick show, so that raises the chances of Avatar cine-manga even higher), etc.

i don't understand why people buy Cine-manga...I mean it's EXACTLY like the show, word for word, screen by screen. o_O And why is it called Cine-manga? Didn't these used to be called 'Ani-comics' or something? Hardly any of these titles are from japan (they're done transformers cine-manga) so what rigth does it ahve to be called 'manga'? Avatar I could understand, by Lizzie McGuire!?

I went a looking and there was no information regarding Avatar manga or cine-manga on the Tokyo Pop website that I saw...

10. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

I like this show because people can controll elements fight for good and bad and it's pretty cool to watch.:D

11. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

My little cousin loves this show and got me hooked on it too.:p
    All I have to say is why is the Fire element always the bad guy?
    Sure it's destructive but it's getting kind of old.

12. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Wow! I didn't know they were coming out with a manga! I watch that show on Nickelodeon. Huh, shouldn't the manga come first?

13. Orion

Orion Gears

Yes, I found it was a cine-manga. Kinda got confused because the ad said it WAS a full length manga book. But of course, we know better. :p Still interesting to read if you don't have time to watch the shows.