Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fushigi Rockna, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Fushigi Rockna

After seeing the KH avatars thread in the rec forum, and after some thinking, and a desperate need to avoid doing sumemr school <<;;; just kidding...I decided I wanted to make some avatars for the site. Adding to pre-existing categories and creating new ones.

Anyhow, today i spent hours that could've been spent finishing watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu on making some Yuu Watase avatars. I did Yuu Watase first because...well...I mod the Watase forum. =P
    I'm not done them yet, I still have a bunch 'Other Watase Works avatars' to do...but in the meantime I want some opinion on these and my idea...from both users, and our admins. (Mods too...ya know...anybody ;))

After the Watase ones, I gioing to do some Studio Ghibli ones. Give me ideas of ones to do after that okay? Heck...maybe use this thread to submit your own?

Anywho, I zipped them all up for you. =D please download them and check 'em out! o.o

Note: I did a whole lot more Fushigi Yuugi including Genbu Kaiden, some Ayashi no Ceres (there's a lot of Ceres ones already, so I only did a few), and a couple Alice 19th for an 'Other Watase' category. =) For the other category, I intend to do some more Alice 19th, Imadoki!, Absolute Boyfriend, Appare Jipangu, and MAYBE Ojama de Pajama and prepuscene...if I can find pictures of those which I'm kinda doubtin' but I shall try! o.o

Attached Files:

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

You did a good job FR. I like them a lot. To bad there is only Alice 19 ones.

3. Fushigi Rockna

There shall be more. :) Imadoki, Absolute Boyfriend, even a bunch of the unknowns and some of the pictures that Watase draws of herself. =)

Also on the list of to do avatars are CLAMP ones. =)

And maybe J-Pop/J-Rock ones? Ya know ones of such artists like Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Gackt and L'Arc~en~Ciel? We are about more aspects of Japanese entertainment than anime and manga after all. :)

4. Basher

Killer. (which means a good thing)

I want to do. WAIT. I can't say cause someone may also redue my work. *rolleyes*

5. Fushigi Rockna

btw, have any pictrues I can use? No more FY ones tho...there's enough of those.

(btw for the record, the avatars of Amiboshi and Suboshi may APPEAR to be of the same character, but that's because Amiboshi and Suboshi are twins. :))

6. Basher

I have LOTS. Like

Absolute Boyfriend
    Alice 19th
    Appare Jipangu
    Imadoki

I also have a few SHORT manga characters but I forgot there names. Just one chapters.

7. Fushigi Rockna

Can you send them to me? Not too big tho. I'm no good at resizing. x_x

8. Basher

I'll do it tomorrow then.

Anytime you want help just send the file my way. I have Photoshop CS2 and it takes only one second.

9. Fushigi Rockna

Okay I finished the Alice 19th and Imadoki ones, so I'll only be needing the pictures of Absolute Boyfriend and Appare Jipangu.

Unfortunately, my mom got kinda upset because after I was on her computer looking up pictures and the like and using her program, there ended up being some spyware on there that took her a while to rid of. ._. (I am refusing to admit it may have come from youtube cause I still gotta finish Haruhi!) So i had to stick with my MS paint. I didn't want to risk bad quality jpgs, so i left them as bitmaps. if someone could please convert them into good quality jpgs, it would be much appreciated.

There's also an avatar in there of one of Watase's self portraits. =)

edit: oh that's good FR, forget to upload the zip files... >>;;

Attached Files:

10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Cloud's gonna have an avvy feild day with all these. You guys are the bestest. I'll see about converting the files for you, assuming Bashi isn't already on the job.

~W

:Edit: Okie, here you go. I had to split up your Watase Works 3 zip because while Jpgs are smaller than BMPs, they don't compress as tightly, resulting in a larger zip file. I consider the fact that I was able to do this as a brilliant achievement because at the moment I am in the process of getting hammered (read: he is destroyed) for our Alcohol Deglamorization Day at work. Hehe, w00t!! (This post edited by a third party)

Attached Files:

11. Fushigi Rockna

lol, thankies very much, Werty. :3 Much appreciated man! Have fun getting blasted! :D

edit: Okay, I did some Epotoransu! Mai and Shishunki Miman Okotowari. The Absolute boyfriend and Appare Jipangu ones will be the last of the Watase batch. I'll be waiting for your pictures basher. ;P

Attached Files:

12. Basher

Check your PM box I also added in a special one. ;)

13. Fushigi Rockna

Something special? XD
    It's a shame geocites is being a problem child right now but I'm sure it will work soon 8D

edit: Oh me, oh my, what's this I see? A NEW Watase series?! *ohes and awes* 8D
    Some of these pictures are a little too big tho D:

14. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I really like the pictures you guys are making...and now I feel like making avatars too :D I have the program to zip things, although I have no idea where it is on my computer, or even know how to work it. I'll just ask my mom about it.

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to make :)

15. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

yea im going to work on some studio Ghibli cuz there my favrite but I have to do it on my laptop it has way better photoshop but il post them up here when im done

16. Basher

Sorry buck-o but I got Studio G. We can always do it together. That was the one I was working on secret.

17. Luffy

i can find more but i dont know if they can be added seeing is how they dont have spots but il make a list of ones i think could be cool
    The Prince of Tennis
    Hikaru no Go - mine :D
    Death Note eh? Basher
    Chobits?
    Full Metal Panic?
    give me ideas i have time on my hands and avatars to make!

18. Luffy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TAADAA! Hikaru no Go like I promassed I'm mega super happy on my 2nd group of avys!

P.S. 3rd one has crapy quality dont know what happend

19. Fushigi Rockna

;______________________;

Nooooooooooeeeeeeeeees! You guys are taking away all my work!!! T_T I wanted to do Ghibli. ;.; *cries*

And Luffy, chobits is part of CLAMP, WHICH I AM DOING SO NO ONE DECIDE TO DO THEM NOW EITHER!!!! ><

Great, now i gotta get all territorial D: nobody touch YGO avatars ya hear!!! ><
    (Gackt and Shiina Ringo for J-Rock/J-Pop are mine too, back off! >>)

20. Luffy

rofl im so sorry but I was just giving out ideas of avatars that could be made so I wasnt taking Chobits so i made Hikaru no Go the best ever!