Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sp1k3, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Those ARE allowed as long as you upload them straight from your computer, I think. Oh, and Shijin, there's no point in quoting the pictures as well, since they're all big and linked from photobucket, they're gonna make loading longer..

-Seishin

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ok, maybe it's a bandwidth thing for the site. Guess we'll have to talk with Baka and such if we want answers.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I asked BMS once about an animated avatar I wanted to use, and he told me Cloud said animated avatars were disallowed, simple as that.

Interestingly, my animated avatar was smaller in filesize than BMS's still avatar at the time. :p

I would have to agree as long as they're not flashy or distracting. Something like this as an avatar: [​IMG] would be what I would consider acceptable.

Not up to me of course, though. :p

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am fine with the size. It is easier to leave it as is. Just think if EVERYONE had to change it.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It is not like everyone would have to change it (anyone could leave it as it is). As for me, I'd love to have, at least, a 96x96 avatar here. Also, on current screen resolutions, 64 pixels looks very small for me ^^

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

While a small increse in the avatar picture size might be nice, i think that it is totally unnessicary. There are sites out there that have avatars at 64x64 if you look for them. And some of the best avatars are made by people rather then people just find them on the web.

I made mine using paint (messy :p), and it turned out pretty good.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

There are no current plans to change the Avatar standards.

8. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Well then, could you please at least tell us the reason why we're not allowed to have animated sigs and avatars? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious to see why.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Its usually cause not everyon has broadband, and a lot of people are still using a 52k modem. Cause of this animated avatars can take ages to load. That and they can be pretty damn distracting.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

When an animated avatar is smaller in filesize than a normal one, does it take longer to load?

Besides, when you're on 56K, *everything* is slow. :p One little animated gif wouldn't make much difference there, I imagine. :p

Ah well, it's not that big an issue for me. Some people might be turned off by it, though.

11. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

photoshop ^.^ i'm not really picky about avatars but they could do with being a bit bigger i suppose, but even a bit bigger could make the pages take a wee bit longer to load up.

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Perhaps, but lets face it unless the admins were to set a really small file size for animated avatars then everyones going to try and upload some badass animated avatar.

However like you it doesn't really bother me that much tbh.

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

More of a distraction issue than anything, really.

14. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Not one, but 10 or 20 per page might.

If you're really having that much of a hard time with an avvy just PM me with an image you want changed into an avatar and I'll custom make on for you. All mine are custom made. Meaikoh also seems to do custom avvies and sigs as well, and she's better than me.

That said...

How come there aren't any default Bleach Avvy's? :p I'd be happy to make some if you need.

~W

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Okay peoples, there will be no current changes as BakaMattSu said! I personally find no problem with the 64x64 avatar size, I haven't since I joined in 2001.

If it's difficult to resize or create an avatar in 64x64, then please by all means go to the custom banner and avatar thread in the Art Forum and request for an avatar to be made for you, but please, read the first post of that thread for rules.

And with this, the evil Ciel closes the thread.

oh, and wert, Bleach avys would be nice, PM BMS about that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.