Video Games Baroque

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meaikoh, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I recently noticed that my Avatar is from a game called 'Baroque'. I'd never heard of it, so I decided to search for it. All I found is that it's an imported game released in 1998 by Sting.

Now, my question is can anyone tell me more about this game? Maybe a bit about the storyline, the system it was released on, or anything of the sort?

I'm just curious.

--MT

2. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Baroque was a Capcom game for the Sega Saturn. You can find scans of the CD case here.

There's a review here. It describes some of the story and more. You can probably find even more info on it in GameFaqs' Sega Saturn section.

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Thanks a whole bunch! Wow, it looks like a pretty good game. Hmm, too bad it's for Saturn.

4. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

According to the review, there was a PSX version as well as a Saturn one. I'm sure it can still be imported somewhere, or found online at a place like e-Bay. I've found pages with PSX games called "Baroque" and "Baroque Syndrome". I'm not sure what that means... maybe it's called "Baroque Syndrome" on PSX and some people just call it by the original name.

'Nother groovy review here, this one of the PSX game. http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.thegia.com/psx/baroque/baroque.html Be warned that some links are broken on the GIA. The links on the side have release dates, etc... the PSX version is dated '99, so you might have a good chance of finding it somewhere.

Now I wish I'd been able to find the character designer's name. I like the Baroque art, and I found his name *somewhere*, and I don't recall where. :(