Baseball Baseball---What's Hotter, The East Coast or The West Coast???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VM1070, Jul 16, 2003.

1. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

It has been called the American past-time, but is baseball really as popular for all the teams in the league.

Being from the East coast--I have grown-up as a Yankees fans. But are they the dominant force that drives the sport?

Most teams have one or team key players that help give them some recognition. How does it all balance out???

Let the debate begin.......

Vic

2. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I've never been a big fan of baseball, but the Cincinnati Reds have always had a minor place in my heart ;)

- Ark

3. VM1070

Would you say the REDS get the recognition they deserve or do you feel they are overshadowed by the mystique of the Yankees.

Vic

4. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

Down With Yankees

Firstly i would like to note that you are being extremely bias. There are other good teams that do not get recognition because they can not afford to pay big players and end up getting rid of them. I feel that the Yankees are only good because they buy big players from poorer teams.
    Secondly, some teams dont get recognition cause there bad.

Go Red Sox.

5. VM1070

All Hail Bean Town

I was wondering when a Red Socks fans would challenge this debate.

The Bosocks have a really good team--even as a die-hard Yankees fan, I can say that---BUT, what happens to them every year???
    How can a team be so competitive from April to August, and than nosedive in the final month of the season.

I am not being bias---I am truly asking a good question. Since there are members from all over the country in these forums, I can get a true feel of how the fans view the league.

But since the Red Socks fans want to start, how many away games does your team sell out??

Most teams that dont get to play NY wish they could just to get that great box office sale for their visit.

But back on topic--I want to hear what other fans have to say. Does ever team get a even amount of recognition??

And about buying good players---if ever team used their resources as well as the Yankees do, money wouldn't even come up in their answers. Also, the Yankees are mostly in house talent. They have a strong farm system where their talent is developed:

E.I. Jeter, Sorianno, Johnson, Posado, and Williams just to name a few.

Vic

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

grew up(and still am..sigh) a Cubs fan. i'd like to think my patience is quite odd lol. i've since moved my heart to the diamondbacks, as mark grace has always had one sexy peice of man butt. *^-^*;;
    i like the game and can watch it because i played it growing up, and it's just always been around. did i ever mention i keep a bat in my car? recreation and self defense heheh

7. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

Westside! I've always been a Dodgers fan.

<editted to resemble english grammar - Ark>

8. VM1070

Dodger Fans:

You know the Dodger's really upset a lot of folks when they decided to pack up their bags and move to the west coast. I think they mainly lost it because they were then cursed with having to pick up the Mets, and we all know how that story plays out every year.

i have family in LA--my cousin's husband is a big Dodger fan. I think the biggest mistake they did was let Pudge leave the team.

Vic

9. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I'm a Cubs fan because my father got me into them. They're still my faves, but, well, I don't really follow baseball. ^_^;

And as for the "hot" part of the title (you had me thinking weather-related heat ^_~), NEITHER COAST IS HOTTER because the CARIBBEAN is hotter!!:p

10. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Me and my brother were raised to be Yankees fans. Hehe, our father beat it into us that they were the best team ever and we should praise them and such. ^^; I guess that's probably why we both hate baseball now.

11. VM1070

Baseball is back--Time to revisit an old Debate????

It's that time of the year again. Let's crank out this debate for some of the newer members and of course the mass of regulars.

Victor

12. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Don't care much for baseball, honestly. Soccer and basketball are more exciting, and the whole steroids thing has really taken away any interest I still had in the game.

13. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Ok, now that there's a baseball forum, I'm hucking this thread over there ;)

- Ark

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Been a Seattle Mariners fan forever (why do they suck this year?), and perhaps a Baltimore Orioles fan before that. I cheer for the Rockies now too, as they are pretty much the closest team to where I live (8 hours away LOL, though I used to live just an hour away)

Last Mariners/Rockies game I went to, Ichiro didn't play.. grr

15. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Well my fave would have to be Red Sox cuz i love boston and the fact that they are so crazy about their 'curse'.
    BUT.. the REAL best is the TORONTO BLUE JAYS! yipee! go skydome! yay!

16. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Whats hotter......wherever Boston is at.

Boston Red Sox fan.......4 eva. And for this I must clear this out.

The curse is fake. Its just that in that moment people tend to think about the curse and thats when they mess up. Its just made up....

How is it that the yanks have this "super squad" and yet are in second place next to the sox where as the sox have only made just minor adjusments? Its the a rod curse i tell you! Every team that a-rod has left soon started doing good.....