Comics Batman or spider-man

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Legato666, Jun 7, 2003.

?

batman or spider-man

1. Batman

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. Spider-man

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Like Legato said: He's rich, he's handsome and he has THE car :p
    So I cast my vote to Bman :D

2. ANIME FAN FAN

ANIME FAN FAN New Member

Batman is the tightest period. That fool has no powers and he still be serving mother ****ers! And you know that's the truth! Plus Peter Parker is a ****ing nerd! Getting no *****es, except that stupid red head ***** Mary Jane. Crying over his ****ing grand parents and ****, that ***** needs to be like Batman and just start serving mother ****ers! Plus Batman is rich... and he runs with the Justice League. So all them mother ****ers would just stomp on Spider Man! Who the **** is Spider Man going to call? Captain America's old ***... and ****ing Black Cat? Them *****es are soft like muffins! And that's the truth! :eek:

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

PP had a host of other relationships.

First of all, it's his aunt and uncle. Second, Batman cries over his parents.

Anyway, what era of Spidey and Bats are we working with here? Depending on what iteration, we could have a cyborg spiderman or a batman who has not much besides his fists.

4. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I chose Batman. He is so hot and he had the BEST villians, like the Joker. And I think the original batmobile is based off of a Monte Carlo, but I don't know what year. (It's an older Monte, of course, but thats all I know about it)

5. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

The original Batmobile was a 1955 Ford Futura. The Batmobile-to-be was the brainchild of Lincoln Mercury's postwar chief stylist, Bill Schmidt. Inspired by a scuba-diving encounter with a shark, Schmidt sketched a low, long, wide, and flat vision of the future with a predatory full width grille, ominously hooded headlights, and killer tail fins. Built by Ghia in 1955, the $250,000 dream car was dubbed the Lincoln Futura. It took just three months to ready the concept car for its debut at the Chicago Auto Show in January 1955. From there, the futuristic Lincoln was driven to a show in Detroit. On March 3rd, just before the NY Auto Show, with Benson Ford at the experimental steering wheel and Schmidt in the passenger seat, the Futura cruised from the United Nation's building through Central Park to the Tavern on the Green (restaurant) for a photo session. The Futura went on The Ed Sullivan Show, which Lincoln sponsored, then to a guest shot on Dave Garroway's TV Show.
    Unfortunately, the excesses of the Futura seemed woefully at odds with the design ethics of the Sixties. And so it happened that the unwanted car ended up in the possession of George Barris. In 1965, Barris was commissioned to build the Batmobile for ABC's upcoming Batman TV series. But because the show was about to go into production, he had only three weeks to build it. He quickly realized it didn't take much work to modify the Futura for the part. While retaining the chassis and the basic shape of the car, Barris overhauled the nose and tail with numerous bat like shapes and references. Barris in '66 would assemble 3 more Batmobiles using bodies based on the prototype mold and built on a production car chassis.

Victor

6. ChrisEcko72

ChrisEcko72 New Member

I can't vote Batman or Spider-man. My favorite are both. Spider-man is pretty fast attack the bad man. Batman and Robin are good heroes saved the people. That's why, I like it.

7. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

You know what.

That was brilliant. You just perfectly encapsulated the entire appeal of Batman in one, simple, phrase.

Kudos my friend, kudos.

Oh, and Spiderman's a whinney little brat, Bruce Wayne would SO own him.

8. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

Carnage races through my blood

zzzzzum spiderma, for one i would say withothm i would never have introduced me to manga, spiderman was my firstcomic seris that i coninued and when i got older, i started t read te manga comics and here i am

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Ha ha ha, have you just COMPLETELY ignored every single moment of angst in Batman? The only thing that never had angst was the 60s tv show!

10. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Ahem. :sweat:

Angst in Batman, that I cannot deny, but he holds himself well. One can mourn with dignity eh? I donno Spidy always came across as complaining about life too much in my mind.

11. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I go for Batman pure darkness.

12. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I totally agree with you. Batman would die before he'd get his first blow in.

13. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

Nah, Batman is marginally better ^_^
    At least he just mopes quietly! Spiderman whinges at everyone all the time :anger2:

14. Hogan

Hogan New Member

considering that spidermans strenght was like ten time's that of any human, i dout that batman would survive a fight with him, the odds are kinda bad :sweat2:

personally though, I like Batman way more than spider man. He's way cooler and not a friggin crybaby, batman had more than one girl, unlike spiderman who moped and stalked after maryjane.

i mean , come on!, like someon else said, He had the BATMOBILE!!

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

obviously someone forgot about Gwen Stacy...or knows nothing of the comics...

16. Dante

Dante New Member

Guh.. Spider-Man is so much better...

Spider-Man was actually given emotions so that we would understand that he's still human unlike the apathetic, mopey, pseudo-dark crybaby that Batman was who needed to justify himself by whoring himself around with every women he could find and had to use weapons and "inventions" that he probably used his rich-*** persuasion to have Guatamalans make for him just so he could use them and then he would force children into slave labor to make more, just because he has money. And don't get me started on that POS Batmobile.

Bruce Wayne was just one of those teenage wrist-slitting attention-cravers just begging to get out. At least Spider-Man had some bloody dignity and he would make wisecracks. >: At least Spider-Man was still HUMAN unlike Batman who had to make himself in to some kind of droid because "OH BOO HOO MY PARENTS ARE DEAD". YEAH?! WELL PETER PARKER HAD TO LIVE WITH AN OVER-PROTECTIVE AUNT AND A GOODY-TWO-SHOES UNCLE (who also died), HOW DO YOU THINK THAT FEELS, BRUCE, HUH?! >: AT LEAST YOUS GOTS MONEY, HO! The only thing that makes the Batman series worthwhile is Alfred. >: Everyone knows the butlers are always kick-*** and always the best (Hell, twenty bucks says Alfred could lay the smack down on Batman before he even knew what hit him).

Anyways...

Spider-Man all the way.

[/rant]

17. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I noticed that it said Spider-Man and not "Super man" after voting for BatMan --;
    But it doesn't matter to me, because in either situations, I'd vote for BatMan ^^

Like what most of you said, BatMan doesn't need any powers to kick some butt :D

18. Dante

Dante New Member

Psh, yes he does. :p He needs all his damn riches to make those stupid gadgets of his. :p Call up Bill Gates and ask HIM if money isn't power. >P

Not to mention about 90-95% of the people Batman battles with don't even have "powers" (unlike Spider-Man's villains, taking out all of the normal "thugs" of course). And those with powers that Batman fights take pity on him and let him go, and go easy on him because of his reputation. (like if you tuned in for the Batman Vs. Spawn comic you damn well know Spawn would have wasted Batman if he were anyone else)

Also not to mention that's just another thing in favor of Spider-Man to show just how human he really is... besides, remember, Bruce Wayne is supposed to be some moronic uber-rich kick-boxing, kung-fu master while Peter Parker was a bloody student/scientist. :p He was, all in all, a geek. :p

19. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Spiderman, because while I think Batman's got a better car :)D), Spiderman doesn't rely on money and fancy gadgets to get the job done.

20. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

if spiderman spent even half the time he spends whinging "fighting crime" then the comics would have run out of storylines a long time ago...an idea which pleases me greatly :p
    sure, spiderman was supposed to be a normal person, but come on. He's a comic book character! Normal doesn't come into it!!!