"Battle of the Planets" mentioned on ESPN Radio!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I was driving into work this morning at my normal hour of 5:30, and flipped on ESPN Radio. Sometimes they go off on non-sport tangents, and today they were talking about their favorite super heros, like Batman and Wonder Woman and even Marvin the Martian. Then out of the blue one of the guy says, "who was the character Casey Kasem played on 'Battle of the Planets'?" I almost drove off the road. I was sure he was going to be talking about Robin from the Superfriends. On guy said, "oh, yea...that was Mark. GOOD show!" Then they started talking about "that fat guy Tiny" and how good looking they thought Princess was on her motorcycle.

Amazing!

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Hey Mark,

You have to admit--retro in way in now. I don't think there is anyone in their 30's that wouldn't recall BOP's when talking about their favorite superheros. Just putting them in the same company as Batman and Wonder Woman is a huge step.

Victor

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

You're right, that is a good category to be in!

One thing they also said made me feel a little old, though. The guy who brought it up asked another person there who wasn't talking, "do you remember 'Battle of the Planets,' or was that before your time?"

He said it was before his time!

YIKES!!!

4. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I guess that person must live in a shell because BOP was in reruns not too long ago. So I would think a lot of people younger than us would have had a chance to see it as well.

Victor