Battle of the Planets Online

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by nightwing, Jul 13, 2001.

1. nightwing

nightwing New Member

Sandy Frank Syndication and DivX are finalizing a deal that will bring Battle of the Planets to the Web! All 85 half-hour episodes are said to be made available at one time, beginning August 31, 2001. They will most likely appear on the DivX web site.

For more details check Gatchaman - Home of the White Shadow web site:

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/

Nightwing

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hard to believe really, I don't know if DivX ;-) is stream-capable but maybe I'm wrong, and if so that would mean they will let people download the episodes. But if one person paid (and I'm assuming they will charge), then everyone else can get the same copy.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

J.
    --

3. Exodus666

Exodus666 New Member

I have been to the DivX website, and all the Administrator will tell me is that there will be an Anime line-up soon. He wouldn't confirm the rumor that they would be hosting the Battle Of The Planets episodes on there beginning August 31, 2001.

Personally, the way he responded to my post ... it might have some credibility. I guess I will find out in 11 days.

4. nightwing

nightwing New Member

I have been searching the web as well trying to get a press release or other form of confirmation, but found nothing.

Hopefully the webmaster of "Gatchaman - Home of the White Shadow" web site got his info from a reliable source, but so far nothing updated on his site either.

Let us see what happens in a weeks time.

Nightwing

5. Diinzumo

Diinzumo Guest

Unfortunately, the DivX BotP episodes have been delayed until the end of this year--just as things were getting down to the wire. This is possibly to run in sync with the Rhino release of the BotP DVDs.

For "Home of the White Shadow," I get much of the BotP news "straight from the source." In this case, I got the DivX news from a reliable source with good contacts, and have followed up with my own research.

--Wendy
    Webmaster, "Home of the White Shadow"
    http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Oh yeah, I'll finally be able to see Battle of the Planets... I've been deprived of not being able to see it for too long [​IMG]

7. Exodus666

Exodus666 New Member

I was talking to the message board Administartor called BetaBoy on the DivX.com website, and he told me the Anime line-up on the site is delayed at least another week, while they tweak things. He still won't confirm/deny that BOTP will be streaming video from that site, but he said we are all in for a nice surprise. Hmmmm ... what could it be?

8. nightwing

nightwing New Member

--Wendy, Exodus666, or any one else who may have an answer....

Any more info from DivX about hoasting BOTP episodes online?

9. Exodus666

Exodus666 New Member

No news yet.