battle of the planets

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Feb 10, 2005.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

hey battle fans, whats up, ik have npt heard from you all in a minute, i hope all is well, as you know my 29 birthday is tommorow, and ill be 29 years old, and yes age is just a number, i have a question which i do not think i had ever asked, what is zaltor, m/f or an alien. and word from the anime network

2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Happy bithday.

Zoltar is that effeminate guy who the kids of today will make embarrasing assumptions about his sexual preferences/positions.

(Ah! to be innocent again and not snowed under by an avalanche of milliutant gays!)

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Happy Birthday Phil!

In "Battle of the Planets," Zoltar is a man. No word from The Anime Network or anyone right now. Supposedly, there are announcements to be made later this year, but I haven't heard a thing.

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Happy Birthday eagleclaw!

Oh,BTW i've checked the Anime Network's Linear Stream schedule and it appears that they are already airing episodes past the available DVD's out in the US. Thing is,on the schedule the episodes have no title,just the number. Perhaps a scheduling glitch? And if not, then are they really going to air those eps from those deteriorated masters? Could it be the first time BotP is aired in it's entirety on TV in decades? Who knows.

I've been doing a lot of looking up on video & audio restoration lately,well mostly from reading up on the Macross series,and it's contreversial dub,Robotech:The Macross Saga. The process to restore the footage for Macross was quite impressive and blew my mind. So i acquired (don't ask) the first 3 episodes of both Macross & Robotech. Both were from DVD rips (subtitled Macross DVD's and non-remastered Robotech DVD's). The difference between both types of footage was remarkable. From what i read a lot of sweat & blood went into that remastering. So i can see why BotP won't get that treatment,and why ADV's Gatchaman release might come out WAY later than expected if they are indeed remastering. Still, couldn't they just pull off a digital transfer at the most for BotP? It basically looks like the broadcast VHS masters (which is what they did with the initial Robotech releases) tossed into DVD. Same goes for G-Force,which is lucky to even grace home video.

But, i wonder if Sandy Frank might plan to cash in on this remastering thingy, if ADV does indeed remaster Gatchaman and permit use of of the footage so they can once again cut it up into BotP like in '78. But,that too will be costly. I'm just putting out all the possibilites.

5. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

Happy 29th Birthday Eagleclaw from a fellow 29 year old.

A Happy Valentine's Day to all the BOTP (and its various incarnations) fans.