Movies Battle Royale II

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by femme_fatale, Oct 20, 2003.

1. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2277

Well, this certainly sounds interesting... a sequel to Battle Royale.

Supposedly Noriko and Shuya, the survivors of the first BR, now head A TERRORIST SQUAD. Yes. You heard it correctly. And the latest group of BR students are sent after them, with the addition of new exploding collars (now, if one student gets blown to bits, so does their matching numbered buddy)!

Needless to say, the plot isn't what I would expect, but hey, it might end up being as great as the first. Or it could have the usual sequel curse and end up being AWFUL.

What do you all think?

2. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

damn!! i carnt say u didnt warn me about the spoiler im mid way through dl battle royal and ive watched like 30 mins and i highlighted the spoiler by mistake hehe ......IDIOT

lol well looks like a good film anyway how do they both survive? i thought if more than 1 person is alive after 3 days they all die??

3. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

If you want to know how it ends, here it is. This is what I got from the NOVEL Battle Royale, though, so the movie ending might be different. But I don't think it is. :)

Shogo, Shuya, and Noriko are the three remaining BR participants during the last part of the story. Shogo pretends to shoot Shuya and Noriko at the end of the story, but he really faked it to fool Kamon and dismantled the kids' collars. He helps them get onto and take over a ship that Kamon is on, but Shogo dies after the takeover is successful (he was shot during the takeover). After they guide the ship home, Shuya and Noriko are seen evading people and trying not to be noticed, since they were supposed to have died and Shogo was supposed to be the BR "winner". Shuya wonders how to get vengeance for the deaths of his classmates and to destroy the tradition of Battle Royale. The end.

There you go! I may have missed something, but those are the basics as I recall them.

4. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

Thanx im going to read what happens anyway but the moive has nearly downloaded if i had an ounce of self control i wouldnt look but ... i dont so il read what happens.
    o ye and if you get a chance have a look at my DBZ pic its my first posted pic and i dont think anyone has even looked yet
    :(
    i think its called first posted pic (or soemthign original like that :D )
    ltr

5. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

The trailer for Battle Royale 2 is pretty nuts. There was one part, I don't even wanna put in spoiler tags, but there's a part that might remind us Americans about something. :eek: :eek:

6. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

cool wouldnt mind seeing that where did you find it? if it was on a site could you link me to it or something please?
    the first one has nearly finished downloading now :glazed:
    im going to keep searching for battle royal 2 so i can dl it as soon as someone gets it on kazaa
    cya

7. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Battle Royale 2 won't come out for another 3 months or so! So don't bother looking on Kazaa for now.

As for the trailer, I'm sure you can find it just by searching around some websites. My brother showed me the trailer on his computer, but I don't have it myself.

8. nioupy

nioupy New Member

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I have seen it, and I might say it's a rather medicore movie. It's a bit too long but the entire movie is a " either you hate it or you love it " kind of movie.

- Teddz

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

it's certainly no Br1... the whole collar system just doesn't work in this fiml. there's no need for it

oh for **** sake, where is the spoiler tag on m2a

it was a very american film in ways, turn off your brain and just enjoy the pretty colours and japanese girls. it was an alright film, but a severe let down after BR1.

11. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, Mordeth is right. My brother bought it in Japan so we got to watch it in December. It was okay, and in fact I didn't even watch the whole thing (we had to go somewhere, and just never bothered continuing). I guess this is a good movie if you're the type who just really wants to know what happened after seeing the first movie. Oh, and there's a new military guy who runs things and explains to the students everything they need to know.

12. nioupy

nioupy New Member

i still fear watching this movie, i don't want to be disappointed. Actually the collar thing was my first thought when i surfed the websites and watched the trailer... what's the use, getting two people killed when one dies ?
    anyway, i now wait for my dvd (s, i also bought 7 seasons of ranma 1/2) and i just hope that i'll like it !

13. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

It encourages the students to work together better, and to look out for each other's safety more. You'd work harder to fight for your partner or help him/her out even more if they were getting killed.

Well if you don't want to be disappointed, don't watch it cuz you probably will be disappointed. If anything, watch it for free instead of buying it.

14. jindo

jindo New Member

I've enjoyed this sequal so much that I actually purchased the Region 2 dvd. It's more entertaining to watch than the BR1 but some of the sequences from the film seems rather very similar to other Hollywood action flicks.

15. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Hav'nt seen BR1, even , but I'd like to. Seen the manga around.

16. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I have only seen the first film but i've seen a few clips of the second.

Probably the reason that the second film is not as good as the first is because the director of the first film died and it was his son who directed the second movie. I'm not sure if he died during the filming of the second movie or before it.

17. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

During it, according to my whiskey film festival booket :D

I thought it was good enough, not a tweed patch on the first though.

And the teacher was just bizarre....

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I kind of thought that the teacher was funny. He could do a really good evil stare, espessily when he was eating all those tablets. But hes no Hannibal Lector. Best bad guy ever!!

19. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

the son was only on set for one day I heard... *shrug*

the teacher was very good in a cartoony sort of way, overly expressive and exageratted everything

20. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think that bit were he did the big rugby dive was a bit much. Whats was the point of that?

I think you could tell that were the son took over the direction. Cause i thought that the start was pretty good but it soon just fell apart. Espessally in the middle of the film.